Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Cool Tools
05-08-2010, 11:39 AM
RE: Cool Tools
i have a few sets of Stainless Steel pans from costco. Made in Italy. I use wooden utensils, olivewood or bamboo. No plastic or Teflon for me. It's hard to exist on this planet without being poisoned, no need to poison yourself more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2010, 11:54 AM
(04-20-2010 09:09 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  
(04-18-2010 08:34 PM)E2E Wrote:  
(04-18-2010 08:27 PM)ChefTap Wrote:  I have a number of All Clad pots and pans in my home kitchen. Some are over 20 years old. I am sure they will last me a lifetime.

Take care of them and they will

I just bought a set of T-fal pots and pans. I had one t-fal frying pan that I just loved, and decided to toss the old battered el cheapo set of stuff I had to match it.
I have T-Fal for years and I absolutely love it!
05-10-2010, 12:05 AM
I just got the Hamilton Beach Commercial Press that Bubba recommends. So easy to use, fast, and easy to clean. Looks not bad on the counter too.

Well worth it! Great Orange Juice.
05-11-2010, 04:57 PM
(05-08-2010 11:54 AM)Dessert Diva Wrote:  
(04-18-2010 08:27 PM)ChefTap Wrote:  I have a number of All Clad pots and pans in my home kitchen. Some are over 20 years old. I am sure they will last me a lifetime.

I just bought a set of T-fal pots and pans. I had one t-fal frying pan that I just loved, and decided to toss the old battered el cheapo set of stuff I had to match it.
I have T-Fal for years and I absolutely love it!

It's amazing how much faster things cook in these pans! The heat is distributed throughout the pan instead of just at the base near the burner.

05-12-2010, 08:41 AM

I had a T-Fal set for at least 15 years. I am just starting to replace them now as the coating is starting to come off. I wanted a really big frying pan so I bought one of The Food Network brand. So far so good. I think I may go with Calphalon, I've heard great stuff about this brand.
05-17-2010, 01:30 AM
(05-12-2010 08:41 AM)Dessert Diva Wrote:  

I had a T-Fal set for at least 15 years. I am just starting to replace them now as the coating is starting to come off. I wanted a really big frying pan so I bought one of The Food Network brand. So far so good. I think I may go with Calphalon, I've heard great stuff about this brand.
Bought a set of T-Fal pans in 1988 just after my first wedding as gifts for ourselves. My 3rd(and last!) wife just replaced them 2 weeks ago with another T-Fal set. A couple of the pieces are still in very good condition! Love them! The work so well and clean up easily. Wow, 22 years! LOLTongue
05-18-2010, 03:59 PM
One of the little things that I use in my kitchen pretty much every day is a Borner V Slicer (yes, that's Borner, not Boner... dirty minds *tsk tsk*).

[Image: 7d4c3ad0e2ac853bf36841e3d215828f.jpg]

Anyway, it was one of those stupid little impulse purchases that I picked up at a trade show about, oh, 5 or so years ago. Cost me $20, I think. I figured if I got a couple of months use out of it then that would be fine.

Five or so years on and I still use the thing almost every day. As it sit here, I've got a stir fry going (in that cast iron skillet that I reseasoned, thanks to the input of those on this board that helped make that happen!) and I sliced up all the veggies using the V Slicer.

The little handle that's supposed to hold the veggies in place while you slice them has long since disappeared, so I have to be REALLY careful lest I add some finger tissue into the mix. But that stupid little contraption, worth just a few shekels, saves me ages chopping/chopping/chopping.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
07-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Hey, I almost missed this topic. I could not live without my Pampered Chef can opener (opens cans without leaving any jagged edges) and chopper (comes apart for easy cleaning in the dishwasher). It's the simple things in life that make me happy.

"Hope is what remains to be seen."- Bubba
12-10-2010, 08:12 PM
A cool little test that trips you upside down trapeze artist bounce would be the test of ultimat lil wil, right again, genius?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqeGZpHCURo
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-31-2011, 01:20 AM
I found the neatest little tool....

[Image: haroldchopstir.jpg]

http://www.someonesinthekitchensd.com/it...gory_id=35

It is absolutely the best thing for cooking ground beef. I use it quite often for tacos, sloppy joes, etc. and this is the best way to get it minced down into the right size. It does other things, too, but this is enough for me.

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!