Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Cool Tools
08-31-2011, 05:21 PM
RE: Cool Tools
That's a cool looking gadget! I really could have used something like that when I was still cooking ground beef!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2011, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2011 10:19 PM by Scythe Matters.)
It would work for any ground meat. That only just occurred to me just now.... [Image: duh_smiley.gif]

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
Find all posts by this user
01-31-2012, 01:01 PM
a mandolin slicer is one of my faves . until i cut myself on it . now it just sits there daring me to try it again without the safety holder ! guys................ always use the safety holder . i miss my fingertip !
01-31-2012, 09:46 PM
Oh heck, yeah! Those things scare the beejeezus out of me! I'll stick with my knives - I have mad knife skills Wink

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
01-31-2012, 10:18 PM
I have one I use to slice potatoes to make homemade chips.
07-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Pssst...hey, Mrs. Bubba...Christmas is just a few months away!

For the drummer/chef in YOUR life, you may want to keep these in mind arond 'gifting time':

MIX STIX!

[Image: MixStix.jpg]

I wish they'd have had these when I was 3!...may have saved my Mom some dented pots & pans, bent spoons....!Big Grin

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
07-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Now THAT'S funny, N'awlins!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
09-02-2012, 05:52 AM
Victorio food strainer. Buy it! much better than my kitchen aid food strainer.

November is now MOvember. Knowledge is POWER and the Mustache is KING. Support mens Health and my Mustache farm here: http://mobro.co/counselor
09-04-2012, 03:26 PM
(07-24-2012 09:26 AM)Nawlins Wrote:  Pssst...hey, Mrs. Bubba...Christmas is just a few months away!

For the drummer/chef in YOUR life, you may want to keep these in mind arond 'gifting time':

MIX STIX!

[Image: MixStix.jpg]

I wish they'd have had these when I was 3!...may have saved my Mom some dented pots & pans, bent spoons....!Big Grin

No doubt

"One ounce perception...One pound obscure"
09-16-2012, 10:16 PM
(02-16-2010 11:22 AM)Brutus Wrote:  Oxo has a fine line of tools for your kitchen. In particular I highly recommend their tongs, both with stainless steel, nylon (heat resitant to 400 degrees) and Teflon tips. The latter two are manditory for non-stick surfaces but the Teflon, being heat resistant to 600 degrees and having a straight front edge, is also good for deglazing or scraping the bottom of pans.

http://www.oxo.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?a=b

I've had a Chef's Choice electric knife sharpener for years and love its convenience. Using a sharpening steel or diamond stone requires skill and lots of practice (Bubba has it down..not me though) to avoid doing more damage to the blade than good. But I must admit .....it looks so cool! Keep in mind the difference between Asian (15 degree) and European and North American (20 degree) edges. Some sharpeners will only do one or the other, some will convert the latter to the former and some are selectable to sharpen both. Some will also sharpen serated blades.

http://www.chefschoice.com/index.html

400 degrees. F or C? You are Canadian, so I had to ask, eh?