Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Cool Tools
11-07-2012, 11:50 AM
RE: Cool Tools
Mrs. 'Nawlins (aka Billie) has this weird habit of hand washing the dishes and using the dishwasher as a plate rack to dry them. I think in the 2+ years we've had this house, the dishwasher may have been run 3 times, but that's the way (uh-huh, uh-huh) she likes it!Tongue

I've never had any issues with 'dish-pan-hands', but she's always buying those goofy Playtex gloves that usually last about a week for dish duty. While perusing the local markets and stores last week in search of something to be for Halloween, I found her these babies, complete with gaudy plastic diamond ring attached, and she's been in dishwashing bliss ever since! (She wore them with her matching Bubba Bowling shirt, and a cool matching apron for Halloween. That's her and her niece sporting their costumes!) The Domestic Goddess!
[Image: 100_1129.jpg]
[Image: 100_1143.jpg]

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2013, 03:37 PM
I couldn't find anything in other threads, so here goes.....
I need to replace my hubby's Poulder digital oven thermometer---the kind with the probe that goes into meat whilst cooking. It has a timer and all sorts of other functions/features. I looked at Taylors and other Poulders, but none of them get very good reviews. Any suggestions???? Thanks!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
12-01-2013, 08:01 PM
(12-01-2013 03:37 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  I couldn't find anything in other threads, so here goes.....
I need to replace my hubby's Poulder digital oven thermometer---the kind with the probe that goes into meat whilst cooking. It has a timer and all sorts of other functions/features. I looked at Taylors and other Poulders, but none of them get very good reviews. Any suggestions???? Thanks!

Try a barbecue website like Weber. My sister has one that she uses when she smokes meat. It has all of the things you mentioned.

12-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Thanks, Nettie! I'll check it out!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...