Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi I'm Riley from Ohio
01-18-2015, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2015 07:16 PM by HarleyMan2112.)
Hi I'm Riley from Ohio
Hello All,
Greetings from NE Ohio.
As you may have guessed from the moniker, I enjoy motorcycles. I'm on my 3rd Harley right now, its a 2014 Street Glide. Hope to get my new exhaust on there before spring riding begins and it looks like I'll accomplish that. Had several Japanese bikes before I became hooked on Harleys.
I also love music and play bass, piano, and guitar...and this is what led me to get into Rush when I was in High School, the great musicianship and writing. My main instrument is the bass and I have a Fender Jazz Geddy Lee edition and an Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray.
My first show was Grace Under Pressure in '84 @ Richfield Coliseum...and I've been to many many since then from Red Rocks out in CO to Hamilton Ontario in June '13 was my last show, where I caught a shirt that Geddy threw...it was a big moment in my life. Big Grin
Hope you are all well and having a great New Year and winter.
Nice to make your acquaintance.

*edit* Oooops, come to think of it I believe that was Hamilton Ontario in JULY of '13, I remember because the Rainbow Bridge border crossing was backed up for three hours due to the July 4 holiday weekend....well worth it though!! : - )
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2015, 06:57 PM
RE: Hi I'm Riley from Ohio
Nice catch HM, fellow bass guy here, cheers to that! I play a Godin 5 string with GK and Hartke 10s. Been into Rush since I was 15, Fly By Night on, 1st show was a lil place called Beginnings in Schaumburg, Il '76. I ride an old GW when I can! Cool

"Listen...Jump on a moonbeam and rise, ride it, glide it all the way"
01-20-2015, 08:22 PM
Welcome HD2112. Smile I was at the Hammy show too.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
01-20-2015, 08:57 PM
Welcome HD2112!! I do believe there were several of us at the Hamilton show Big Grin
And you will find several riders around these parts, too. Cool
01-21-2015, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2015 01:48 PM by New World Man.)
Welcome HM2112 Heart The more the merrier Heart

Trying to save the day for the Old World Man!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=745]
01-21-2015, 02:28 PM
Welcome, rider....

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
03-28-2015, 09:55 AM
Haaaay HM2112! I *too* am from NE Ohio*, and was at the Hammy show! Cool Welcome to the club/nuthouse!
*Born/raised in Cleveland (rawks!,) livin' la vida Hoosier in S. IN for 20+ yrs (eep!)

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
03-28-2015, 10:11 AM
(03-28-2015 09:55 AM)burma.girl Wrote:  Haaaay HM2112! I *too* am from NE Ohio*, and was at the Hammy show! Cool Welcome to the club/nuthouse!
*Born/raised in Cleveland (rawks!,) livin' la vida Hoosier in S. IN for 20+ yrs (eep!)

Pleased to meet you Burma. I do not live in Cleveland but I'm just about 30 minutes out of town. Thank you for the welcome.

I may post on the "meet up" thread, I don't post a lot...but its looking like Columbus for sure, and possibly Detroit and/or Buffalo as well for me for the....the "you-know-what"..AngelTongue...I'm going to be on the bike unless the weather is just horrible in which case I'll be in the car...give me a shout if you will be at any of those!
It would be a pleasure and a privilege to buy you a frosty beverage if indeed our paths should cross!
Looking forward to early June....maybe we'll see you out there!
Peace & Heart
HM2112