Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Garlic lover's kale salad
07-08-2015, 03:25 PM
Garlic lover's kale salad
From 4/4/15 through 6/28/15 I was on a caloric deficit of 900cal/day(consuming about 1800cal/day). Most of my dinners were decidedly uninspired, including this one...
[Image: food432_zpsqbajcwkg.jpg]

During times like this I'm always on the hunt for big flavor in a low cal, super clean item. That little lump of green stuff on the right has been the star of the show lately. A total home run...absolutely delish imo. Super clean, low cal, highly nutritious, gluten free, blahblahblah. Here's the recipe, I hope y'all enjoy it...

Garlic Lover’s Kale Salad
Ingredients

1 bunch Kale, de-stemmed and chopped (about 4 cups)
2 tablespoons Tahini
2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegarany vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh Lemon Juicelime works too
2 tablespoons Liquid Aminos or Tamari (can be found at specialty grocers)these are both fancy words for soy sauce
4 tablespoons Nutritional YeastIf you can't find da 'nooch, use pecorino or parmesan
2 teaspoons Garlic, minced
Directions

Break or cut kale into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl.

Puree all ingredients except kale in a blender or food processor to blend the dressing.

Pour dressing over kale and massage into the kale with your hands until all pieces of kale are coated.

Let the salad sit in the fridge for an hour or so to marinate.

it's super delicioso as is, but if you have any trouble finding the fancy pants ingredients, I've listed suitable substitutes in red.

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2015, 07:15 PM
RE: Garlic lover's kale salad
Ooooh I loves me some kale...def gonna try this!
(1800 cal/day? You'll waste away!) Big Grin

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
07-12-2015, 08:04 AM
Looks good! However I've had some not so pleasant experiences with Nutritional Yeast aka Brewers Yeast. Should I make this I will use the Parmesan instead.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
07-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Hmm..may have to try this next weekend.
07-13-2015, 11:50 AM
BG...I was on a mission. I'm very much back to more normal consumption practices.Big Grin

2B...It took me a little while to find a 'nooch that fit my flavor requirements. I wound up settling on Bragg.

RN...go for it!

I'm gonna whip up another batch tonight...

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
09-01-2015, 07:47 PM
I love kale, and I already have all those fancy pants ingredients since I live in San Francisco, and they are not so fancy or pantsy in this city.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user