Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Crunchy Baked Chicken Thighs with Grainy Mustard amd Garlic
11-30-2015, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2015 06:40 PM by JimLipscombJr.)
Crunchy Baked Chicken Thighs with Grainy Mustard amd Garlic
I haven't posted any recipes for quite a while, but this last year and a half has been quite life altering and has given me a lot of time at home. I have had heart surgery and back surgery (at the young age of 45!) so instead of playing drums in my band 'The Mimeographs' I have had a lot of time to invent new dishes in the kitchen as I learn to eat healthier. I will note that despite my physical ailments I was able to drive from Cincinnati to Detroit to meet my brother Bob for the R40 show this past June. I hope Neil saw me...we were 3rd row, dead center!!!! I have also been given the green light to resume drumming in two weeks! On to the recipe:

Ingredients:
3 tblsp grainy mustard
1 tblsp Dijon mustard
1 tblsp Worcestershire sauce
1 garlic clove, finely grated
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
3/4 cup plain dried bread crumbs
3 tblsp unsalted butter, melted
2 tblsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (2 lbs)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Lemon wedges, for serving

1) Preheat the oven to 450. Set a wire rackon a rimmed baking sheet.
2) In a large bowl, mix the mustards with the Worcestershire sauce, garlic and cayenne. In a large, shallow dish, toss the bread crumbs with the butter, parsley and lemon zest.
3) Season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Add to the mustard mixture and turn to coat. Dredge the skinned side of 1 chicken thigh in the bread crumb mixture and transfer to the rack, crumb side up. Repeat with the remaining chicken thighs.
4) Transfer the chicken to the oven and bake for 30 minutes, until the crumbs are golden brown and the chicken is cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges.

Takes around 45 minutes total to make. Serves 4 to 6 people. ENJOY!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2015, 10:12 PM
RE: Crunchy Baked Chicken Thighs with Grainy Mustard amd Garlic
^^^nice!

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply