Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fire House Eggs Benedict
01-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Fire House Eggs Benedict
Eggs Benedict is one of my favorite dishes, I altered and changed some things that seem to work well at the fire house.
Fire House Eggs Benedict
8 toasted buttered English muffing halves
8 thin and wide spicy pork breakfast sausage patties (grilled)
8 poached eggs
Chipotle pepper powder
Toast and butter English muffin halves, grill sausage patties, I like spicy sausage and I also think grilling fits the description well. Poach the eggs...Use the freshest eggs you can I like extra large, I gently crack the eggs into a fine mesh strainer so as to remove the non viscous white part of the eggs. I cook the eggs in salted water at around 190 degrees (do not boil) for three minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and rest briefly on a paper towel to remove most of the water, assemble English muffins, followed by the sausage patty, followed by the perfectly poached egg, with the Hollandaise Sauce on top garnish with a sprinkle of the Chipotle powder
Hollandaise Sauce
6 egg yolks
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 lemons juice and zest (no seeds)
2 sticks melted butter
Place 6 eggs yolks, Dijon mustard and lemon juice and zest in a blender at medium speed slowly pour melted hot butter creating an emulsion and the quickest smoothest Hollandaise Sauce ever...taste add salt and pepper to your liking.
I serve these with fresh fruit, smashed Yukon Gold potato's, and fresh orange juice served in a frozen glass. I hope you enjoy.

To be a firefighter, one can be a lot of things…except a coward.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply