Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why?
09-07-2016, 11:54 AM
Why?
This could be one of the best and most active cooking sites on the web. I routinely see 100+ lookie-loos and a yahoo! bot scouring the site, but fewer than a dozen actually post.

Why?

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2016, 01:46 PM
RE: Why?
Why does it happen. Because it happens. Roll the bones. No I agree, I love food wine music and our boys. I love how the site attracted and attracts those who have those same characteristics and in that order.

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2016, 06:02 AM
Not sure why, but those of us who have decided to be a part of this little corner of the web are truly thankful for the out come of friends that it has given each other.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
09-08-2016, 08:00 PM
I think that many signed up here thinking it was another RUSH forum, or maybe to "see" the boss. They realized it was more about cooking, reading, biking, etc and left thinking we're a bunch of boring fuddy-duddies. As for why so many lurk in silence here, I got nothing......

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
09-08-2016, 09:01 PM
^^^This

Unfortunate...Sad

09-10-2016, 08:21 AM
(09-08-2016 08:00 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  I think that many signed up here thinking it was another RUSH forum, or maybe to "see" the boss. They realized it was more about cooking, reading, biking, etc and left thinking we're a bunch of boring fuddy-duddies. As for why so many lurk in silence here, I got nothing......

This, pretty much covers it.
A lot of our members are rabid band fans.

Then there is that Facebook thing, and the Pinterest thing.
People have abandoned forums in general as these two things have become popular.

09-10-2016, 09:13 AM
Yeah...I also feel the nature of rabid starstruck types and unrealistic expectations have played, and continue to play a large role in the current activity level. Such a shame when considering the excellent recipes and exchange of ideas prevalent during the site's inception. I mean dang, when's the last time you saw 120 people lurking around America's Test Kitchen? lol

Ah well, I'll just continue to post recipes every now and again. If they inspire our members or lurkers to get in the kitchen and create, then I suppose there's still some merit in it despite the tumbleweeds.

I think I'll hop on a badass r1200gs after work today and ponder a bit.Smile

09-10-2016, 11:04 AM
Well my quest for the perfect chilli con carne and lanb curry continues. I have better success with chilli than curry. It could be that in most cities we have excellent curry houses and to cook like those people who make a living from it is always going to be difficult. Oh well try try again, one day I will crack it.

09-10-2016, 03:06 PM
(09-10-2016 11:04 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  chilli con carne

Recipe plz?Big Grin

09-11-2016, 03:01 AM
Ha. It's not that good mate. But......

Fry mince beef
Add Oxo, cumin, oregano, paprika, chilli powder, cayenne and chilli flakes.
Put in oven for an hour on low heat.
Then add onions, chilli peppers (jalapeƱo) and green pepper.
Cook for another hour and serve with rice that has been cooked with tumeric and garlic bread.