Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why?
10-01-2016, 09:54 AM
RE: Why?
(09-28-2016 01:23 PM)Sunset Wrote:  
(09-27-2016 10:05 PM)Scooter Britches Wrote:  Sadly my life seems to be centered on FB and email living the dream and riding what might possibly be the world's most perfect and well balanced motorcycle all over the freakin' northern hemisphere whilst simultaneously singing Whiskey in a Jar and laughing at all you clowns riding your desk chairs.

Fixed that for ya...Big Grin

Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2016, 11:54 PM
Ok, ok....yeah, that's what I originally wrote. How'd you get that to come back out?!? Big Grin Cool

(I do love that bike so!)

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
10-06-2016, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2016 12:23 PM by Sunset.)
Can't fool us.Tongue

I'm in lust w/the GS platform as well. This is the bike I should have been on 6yrs ago when I hung up the racing leathers. About 10 more days of riding this *@!%ing desk chair and it's sweeeeet freedom for this ol' boy. Just scored my new 90W Warm&Safe electrics and a fresh set of FroggToggs.

Mr Winter, I say unto thee...bring that ****.Cool

*edit*

Plus, after years of procrastination, I finally sent my 17yr old Aerostich in to have some minor indiscretions patched as well as having the new "non-wet junk producing" zipper set up installed. Aaaaaaand...really looking forward to seeing how my new Klim stuff handles the cold/wet. I rode with the Klim adventure rally air jacket all summer and was very impressed!

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
10-06-2016, 08:45 PM
As much as I hate the cliche of being a Klim-wearing GS rider, I have to say it's superior gear. I got the ladies Altitude suit last spring and I absolutely love it! Hot, cold, wet, dry, it's comfortable. You just have to layer correctly under it. I've been in 22 degree cold with electrics and been nice and toasty. I've been in 110 degree heat, and honestly uncomfortable but not too bad as long as I was moving.

ONE of these days, we do need to get together for a spin around your neighborhood...

Love and respect...
ASSTA Member
10-07-2016, 09:55 AM
You mean I'm not a unique snowflake riding around in my fancy Klim gear???

Sad

Tongue

10-11-2016, 11:44 AM
Oh, you're unique alright! Big Grin Heart

Love and respect...
ASSTA Member
10-11-2016, 07:40 PM
I've always considered you a snowflake.
Wink

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
10-12-2016, 10:08 AM
Somethin' somethin' you know you've been accepted when they start baggin' on ya...somethin'.

Big Grin

10-13-2016, 04:41 AM
Pfft, there's no doubt: you have been assimilated....resistance is futile.

Love and respect...
ASSTA Member
10-20-2016, 02:22 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2016 02:23 AM by MattV.)
I think the reason for the lack of activity, as some have said, has a lot to do with Facebook and other social media platforms. I have been active on a variety of forums involving topics from firearms, vehicles, public land access and brewing. All of them experienced a dramatic decline in activity as social media grew. The same thing happened with newsgroups when people started migrating to web based forums, back when that was the new thing.

The unfortunate part, is that with each step in this evolutionary process, content seems to go downhill. Newsgroups essentially required sending an email. It took a little more effort and as a result, posts were often better put together and more substantive.
Facebook and Twitter do offer the instant feedback people seem to crave, but a 140 character Twitter entry doesn't allow for much substance.