Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Well? Who are you?
05-02-2010, 03:07 PM
RE: Well? Who are you?
I'm Ken from the beautiful Southwest. I love to cook, read, write, listen to music, and be with my wife and young son. I'm interested in finding a great homemade salsa recipe, not too chunky, not too mild. I am also attempting to perfect a homemade spaghetti sauce, but so far my expertise has not been that far reaching! And to clarify my 'expertise', I did say I love to cook, but my wife loves to make meals we can actually eat... So I am here to learn and have fun and i'm excited to be a part of this forum. Bon Appetit!

A to B...Different degrees -- N. Peart
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Hello,

My name is Amber Mull Bovetti. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. I'm a native Las Vegas. I'm 41 married and have an adorable and awesome boy named Liam. He's almost three.

I love cooking and am always open to new dishes and old school ones. My husband dislikes vegetables. It's annoying because I love vegetables (even brussel sprouts) and I end up making my food and something for him. I should just tell him to cook his own damn meals.

I'm trying to open the doors to knew foods with my son. Including vegetables. I want him to love them as much as me.

Anything else you would like to know...just ask. Big Grin[/font]
05-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Hey all! My name is Chris. I live in the 'burbs of Chicago. I am married to my best friend, who's also an amazing baker! I love to cook. cooking is my life and my passion. i'm looking forward to sharing recipes, swapping stories, and just having a good time here while I wait for the Rush tour to kick off. i'm also a part of the Counterparts MB as well.
05-02-2010, 05:18 PM
I am Kenny, I play drums, I love Rush, and I love to eat.
05-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Wink RE: Well? Who are you?
Helloooo.. My name is Doug, I live in The GTA area on southern Ontario...love to cook, play and coach hockey, read and ride...my Trek 5200 that is.
Food is a passion..for dinner tonite we had lamb shanks marinated in coconut milk with curry, lime, lemongrass and ginger served on basmati rice with a parsley vinagrette..yum...am liking this site and will check back.. Chow for now..go Canucks go! Tongue[/b]
05-02-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm Jen, and I'm another from Illinois - almost from Wisconsin, we're so close. My husband and I both love to cook. I am in charge of most of the baking, he is in charge of the grill (charcoal ONLY) and the smoker. Otherwise we split the rest of the duties. We are raising our 6 year old son right - he LOVES the spicy stuff. We have found the things we have come up with just by experimenting with the spices in the cabinet usually turn out to be dishes that become favorites. I love talking about food with other people, getting recipes and suggestions. I'm half Irish and half Norwegian, and I won't eat the food (unless it's dessert) from either one. I should have been Italian, Mexican, or possibly from the Caribbean the way I like my food spiced.

Husband is a bass player in a band part time, and I used to play the trumpet until I got braces and it all went to hell. I play bass recreationally once in awhile, nothing too hard, but I could never go on stage like husband does. Our son got a drum set from my mom for Christmas last year because he had seen Neil's drum solo from Rush in Rio, proceeded to get out a large empty box and 2 pencils, and started wailing away at it. Now he likes to play when his daddy is practicing. We're looking forward to seeing Rush at Summerfest in Milwaukee this year, and enjoying the various food (Wisconsin cheese!) that will be at the festival too.
05-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Howdy,

I'm Ben, and like Eric, I too am from Sac-a-tomatoes...it is what it is. I'm a Geology student, working on my BS (not in BS...) at Sac City College and Sac State. Presently, I ride a 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R (used to ride a 2006 Kawi ZZR600, and also own my uncle's old 1972 Honda CB175) and have been riding for a couple years now, partly from inspiration from Bubba. Recently I have become more interested in food, mostly because Easy Mac, while tasty, is far from nutritious. This interest in food has led me to the wonderful world of wine and spirits as well as an appreciation for travel and sight-seeing (by bike of course).

I get a lot of inspiration for food from food shows such as "Good Eats." Something about how Alton breaks down cooking into a scientific process appeals to my geekness. I also like trying different methods and ingredients. Also, I've gained an interest in food because I have to manage my Crohn's Disease with food that won't make me too ill.

I hope this place blossoms into a great resource for foodies and Rush fans alike, and possibly even a moto-scooter hangout as it seems so many members are riders too.
05-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Greetings from the Pacific Northwest!

I’m Michelle, from Oregon, married, and when folks ask if I have kids, I say “why yes, 2 canine, 6 feline!”
My job keeps me away from home, but when I’m there, if I’m not outside in the garden, I’m inside in the kitchen. Numerous food allergies make things challenging, but fun. I am the youngest of 5 siblings, and by default I host Christmas where I end up cooking for 21 to 28 people every year, not to mention the other holidays that people end up at my house. So I if you need some advise cooking for a crowd, I’m not a professional, but I can give you some tips on what not to do.

Needless to say I adore music, especially a certain band whose name escapes me right now, on the tip of my tongue , I’ll think of it….And, you know, that one guy who writes so vividly, yeah, you know, him? Love reading him too.

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
05-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Ben, you are now one of my heroes.

"Washington is a city of Southern efficiency and Northern charm." - JFK
05-02-2010, 08:16 PM
(05-02-2010 07:38 PM)Fozzie Wrote:  Howdy,

I'm Ben, and like Eric, I too am from Sac-a-tomatoes...it is what it is. I'm a Geology student, working on my BS (not in BS...) at Sac City College and Sac State. Presently, I ride a 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R (used to ride a 2006 Kawi ZZR600, and also own my uncle's old 1972 Honda CB175) and have been riding for a couple years now, partly from inspiration from Bubba. Recently I have become more interested in food, mostly because Easy Mac, while tasty, is far from nutritious. This interest in food has led me to the wonderful world of wine and spirits as well as an appreciation for travel and sight-seeing (by bike of course).

I get a lot of inspiration for food from food shows such as "Good Eats." Something about how Alton breaks down cooking into a scientific process appeals to my geekness. I also like trying different methods and ingredients. Also, I've gained an interest in food because I have to manage my Crohn's Disease with food that won't make me too ill.

I hope this place blossoms into a great resource for foodies and Rush fans alike, and possibly even a moto-scooter hangout as it seems so many members are riders too.

Small world, huh? I'm currently taking classes at both Sac City and ARC, with the hope to be moving on to a University somewhere in this lifetime. I also picked up riding a couple of years ago, due partly to my reading of Ghost Rider. I just posted earlier today wondering if anyone had seen "Feasting on Asphalt". I too really enjoy Alton's approach, although I've unfortunately discontinued my cable service, so I'm relegated to clips on Hulu.Sad