Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anasazi/Casa Sena...Santa Fe, NM
06-15-2017, 05:55 PM
Anasazi/Casa Sena...Santa Fe, NM
Anasazi was a delightful experience. Sitting on the patio enjoying the desert breeze and watching the colorful locals. It was even half-off any bottle of wine night from the impressive wine list. Yay us!

Grilled baby gem lettuce with crispy lardon, clementine, tamarindo, and leche de mantaquilla.
[Image: IMG_3966_zpsti7c2gac.jpg]

We also enjoyed two other small plates. Buffalo sliders with Hatch chile sauce, and these fire grilled riblets.
[Image: IMG_3967_zpsftwgbrdy.jpg]

The following evening was Casa Sena. These folks tried to provide a good experience, but ultimately we're unable to do so. Just too many factors added up to poor dining all around.

Caesar salad.

[Image: IMG_3974_zpsjjlzlfsb.jpg]

Rack of lamb

[Image: IMG_3976_zpsch6mrhhv.jpg]

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2017, 12:41 PM
RE: Anasazi/Casa Sena...Santa Fe, NM
Drooling, Sunset. I need to go wipe my chin Big Grin

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
06-16-2017, 10:02 PM
The next day we did the Taos/Angel Fire thing. Got a tip the sopaipillas @ TaoseƱo were the bomb. Blech! I believe you had a poor experience as well in Taos, no?

We did one night in Flagstaff too. Food scene is fantastic! Nomad for a quick gnosh and a beer. Tinderbox annex for cocktails. Then The Cottage for cassoulet(mine kicks his *** but hey, dude is still pretty legitBig Grin).

Will return someday. We walked downtown thoroughly and found several establishments I'd like to hit.

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
06-18-2017, 03:24 PM
Yeah, Taos.....nice place, disappointing food.
Flag isn't a bad town. Expensive, though. Haven't had much in the way of food there. I'm used to a small town, so I don't like the narrow, crowded streets there with all the Clyde Crashcups at the wheel!
If we go to a larger town here, it's usually Tempe and other Phoenix suburbs. Lots of eating choices down there.

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...