Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
La Posada...Winslow, AZ
06-29-2017, 12:01 PM
La Posada...Winslow, AZ
Prickly pear Margarita/carnitas
[Image: IMG_3978_zpslz6qyasl.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3980_zpspnizrbup.jpg]

Food was meh. Margi was decent. Tina Mion's art is fantastic!

http://tinamion.com/bio.html

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2017, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2017 09:08 PM by Gungawoman.)
RE: La Posada...Winslow, AZ
I couldn't view the pics, but we really like La Posada. The food is *usually* quite good, especially breakfast. Try the Corn Maiden! Dinner is hit and miss. And yes, Tina's art is a trip. Very different, but very cool. They want to put some of my products in their gift shop. I MUST get over there to take care of that. So what did you have to eat that was meh?[

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
07-07-2017, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2017 09:37 PM by Sunset.)
I've heard photobucket is kicking our a**es out. Clearly, it's true. Not good for me or the site because no more pix from me unless I find a viable alternative.Sad

Not sure what to do from here. Photos=everything.

Just imo, but lunch was very meh(the carnitas plate shown). I know a nice old lady who serves waaaaay better out of the trunk of her ford Torino.
Tina Mion's art on the other hand...wow!!!

07-08-2017, 11:35 AM
I was a little distracted last night and gave you a weak answer. Apologies...

I had the carnitas(a bit dry)which was served with black beans(a bit bland), corn dumplings(too sweet), a red sauce(a bit bland), a green sauce(excellent), and a couple corn tortillas. It's not that there was anything particularly wrong with the dish. Rather I think it was an unmet expectations type of thing which is, of course, on me.

- My geography makes me extremely familiar with authentic Mexican fare, and this dish had a more southwestern angle to it.
- I was told how amazing the food was and how the exec chef was a celebrated award winner. I just wasn't feeling it.
- We were in LV the night before this lunch and had dined at Guy Savoy. After that, the bar was(and still is) stratospherically high.

07-14-2017, 02:38 PM
Yes, on the "dry" part, Sunset. Much of their food would be very good if it weren't dry.

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...