Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shout out to SB
08-23-2017, 08:55 AM
RE: Shout out to SB
Check out the Heidenau K60. I had them front and rear on my 640 Adv. They did alright on gravel to highway. They were ok on wet pavement and get great mileage. I switched out to a Mitas E-10 Dakar rear. It is a knobby comparable to the TKC-80 with a stiffness of the K60. Word of warning on both the E-10 Dakar and K60, they are darned difficult to field plug/patch due to their stiffness. It took my friend and I three hours to change the rear tire on my bike, and we were in his driveway. We got it set off center, and it had to be lined up by my mechanic. He is NOT a fan of the Mitas now, either.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2017, 03:59 PM
"OK" doesn't really cut it for me on the wet. I need to know the traction is there. I've heard too many folks talk about slippage. Even for a second, that's too much. I'll stick to the Wilds. Smile

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
08-25-2017, 01:28 PM
Not sure which tire I'll end up with yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll be a performance>longevity kinda guy.

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
08-26-2017, 02:11 AM
(08-25-2017 01:28 PM)Sunset Wrote:  Not sure which tire I'll end up with yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll be a performance>longevity kinda guy.

Another couple of good tires to look into are Mefo Explorers and a company called Goldentyre. The Goldentyre tires are a bit on the aggressive side, they make my Mitas E-10 Dakar look closer to a street touring tire. I rode with a friend who used Mefo Explorers on his KTM 950 Adv, and he had no problems whatsoever on pavement to mud. They also have a longer life and a a much softer tire than either the Mitas or Heidenau tires. Walter Colebatch, of Sobieski Extreme fame highly recommends Goldentyre if one is going to focus on off pavement riding. Hope this information helps.

08-26-2017, 10:39 AM
All info helps, so thx for the tips!

It'll be fun getting to the bottom of this DS tire rabbit hole.

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
08-26-2017, 04:08 PM
(08-26-2017 10:39 AM)Sunset Wrote:  All info helps, so thx for the tips!

It'll be fun getting to the bottom of this DS tire rabbit hole.

You are most welcome. It's a deep rabbit hole, to be sure. There are so many brands, with many models to choose from.