Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A grand new adventure
09-02-2017, 03:23 PM
A grand new adventure
Lately Mrs. Smoker and I have been in discussion about our life. We are looking to make a long journey in three years. We are going to New Zealand on a vacation that if everything goes as planned will most likely become our permanent residence. It will be our grand adventure. We would leave sooner on this journey, but we have two older dogs that can't make the trip, and we can't just put them down for our own whim. During this time we will fix our house up some, and start to get rid of our accumulated junk. It's amazing all the things we have gained over the years, it's a big job ahead of us. I never thought I, or we, would ever do something like this. Let the fun begin!!!!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2017, 03:30 PM
RE: A grand new adventure
Exciting!

A guy I raced against back in the early 2000's traveled to the Bay of Plenty as part of a surfing vacation and liked the area so much he wound up buying a home just outside Rotorua. His new home was on 7acres and the whole seaward side of the home was constructed with sliding panels/windows to form a completely open air space which, beyond the super nifty breeze action, accentuated a million dollar ocean view.

Haven't heard from him since lol!

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
09-12-2017, 03:25 PM
Wow! Best of luck to you and the Missus! An adventure, indeed!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
09-14-2017, 08:37 AM
As Gunga said, Wow! what an adventure to undertake. Not only are you two doing a total house move( been there, done that ), but then you are going across the ocean to make this happen. Best wishes as you two begin to ready yourselves for this change.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic