Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Linda Cunningham. Knitter Book Binder.
06-10-2019, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2019 08:32 AM by NWoBHM.)
Linda Cunningham. Knitter Book Binder.
I am very sorry to report that Linda has passed away after a two year battle with cancer. She used to post here as KnitterBookBinder, KBB after her husband passed away, as a type of therapy for her loss. She was a Canadian, living in Calgary, and keen whisky, and ale fan. We were friends here and continued our friendship on Twitter. I last heard from her late March, and she was in fine spirits. She passed on 26th April. RIP. I am grateful to Bubba for allowing fans of cooking and wine to hang out here and make friends, from across the globe.

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2019, 09:04 AM
RE: Linda Cunningham. Knitter Book Binder.
It truly is a sad thing. She was a wonderful and creative lady. The world has become a smaller place, but she left her mark in a big way. I for one will miss her.

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
Find all posts by this user
06-13-2019, 08:58 AM
Wow. I did not know that she was ill. We did not keep in touch. RIP.

06-13-2019, 01:08 PM
(06-13-2019 08:58 AM)Nettie Wrote:  Wow. I did not know that she was ill. We did not keep in touch. RIP.

Hi Nettie, the sad thing is I knew she was terminally ill, but we corresponded as though all was normal. Then I realised I hadn’t seen her on twitter for a while and sent her a dm. When I got no response I searched the internet and found her obituary. So sad. She couldn’t say good bye. Though I think she did when letting me know the meds were only delaying the cancer.

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-13-2019, 06:57 PM
I remember her! What a shame. May she rest in peace and may her friends and family find comfort.

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
06-16-2019, 08:02 PM
Oh, how sad.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic