Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Nag-Thread
06-28-2010, 04:15 PM
RE: The Nag-Thread
Good luck with that....Now forget about you, it's all about me! I've been workin' an' slavin' my life away. 51 days in a row, 10-12 hour days...now some time off. The money was good but the travel be gooder, sayin'? I'm heading east on the TCH outta Cowfart, or Edmonchuck (might have to hook up with my son Sam...NO. Not Son of Sam) and start ambling. I'm going to be travelling in my SAV (shit-ass-van) and camping along the way. I've got an agenda too, but you knew that right? I really, really,.....want to hook up with someone in an ultralight. Can do?

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2010, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2010 07:02 PM by ForceTen.)
(06-28-2010 03:56 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  
(06-28-2010 03:38 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  
(06-28-2010 05:05 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Or cops that issue tickets to the struggling father of five for his slightly loud 76 pinto
as a 2010 Fatboy with radically altered Screaming Eagle pipes passes by and waves.
Slightly loud pintos can save lives just as easyBig Grin

RESPECT THE PINTO!

The Pinto is going to resurrect. You watch. Every kid in America is gonna be pimpin the Pinto. Get while you canConfused

I drove an '83 'vette Cool
(06-28-2010 04:15 PM)Brutus Wrote:  Good luck with that....Now forget about you, it's all about me! I've been workin' an' slavin' my life away. 51 days in a row, 10-12 hour days...now some time off. The money was good but the travel be gooder, sayin'? I'm heading east on the TCH outta Cowfart, or Edmonchuck (might have to hook up with my son Sam...NO. Not Son of Sam) and start ambling. I'm going to be travelling in my SAV (shit-ass-van) and camping along the way. I've got an agenda too, but you knew that right? I really, really,.....want to hook up with someone in an ultralight. Can do?

We appreciate ya B!

Can't help with the ultralight as my feet like to stay firmly planted on the ground (minus the short high speed stints while on two wheels). But, if'n ya need a break and you're ambling about the Saint Paul area, let me know and I'll throw a steak or few on the grill and ensure I've got some chilled Fraoch on hand.
06-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Brute' - are you planning on making it to the cultural Mecca of the Midwest?
(that would be Wichita.... and yeah - that would be sarcasm)

The fellas are here August 20th... and I can prolly' get you into an ultralight or a para-sail. (wind willing). If not, I can at least get you into a paintball game with ex-pro players. Heck, we'll even play on your team!

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
06-28-2010, 07:46 PM
I appreciate the kind offers but keep in mind that due to certain indiscretions involving the distribution of herbal combustables I am no longer welcome in The U S of A. They still like me in the rest of the world however. So I'll be hugging the border but the wall remains between us unfortunately. But from a prairie border I can see for miles! Maybe we could get our paint guns out and reenact the War of 1812! We kicked your ass by the way.......Us Canuks are SO bad....we'll insidiously love you to death.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
06-29-2010, 05:21 AM
Ahh, shoot. Forgot all about that. Fitting "Nag" then I would say...

Well, if'n paintball won't work out this summer, we could do a snowball fight. The border would be the DMZ...
06-30-2010, 04:00 AM
Burnt offering tonight at the St. Charles Inn. Burnt Scallop Potatoes.
My Major (k9) won't even touch them! He is in the dog house now.
Actually they weren't that bad. Burnt on top only. Kind of soupy towards the bottom.

SwmRF seeking sfRF who can cook something other than toast and maple syrupCool

Nagnagnag

Don't talk smack about Total!!
06-30-2010, 11:32 AM
My newest nag: Damn migraines. Ugh. It's been a few days of them now. Monday was horrid, had to run home, crying like a little girl. Puked, too. There are some headaches that my meds just don't take care of and they suck. I think they're weather related. Oh, to live in the desert. Any desert, just keep that barometer steady for me.

Even my usual food remedies haven't helped this time. Usually it's a Snickers/Pepsi or a Steak N Shake meal, or a baked potato/iced tea thing and all is good. This time, I just ended up throwing up the food. Ergh. I can send a message instantly to the other side of the planet, but my doctor can't make one side of my head stop hurting.
06-30-2010, 12:01 PM
(06-30-2010 11:32 AM)Laffitupfzbl Wrote:  My newest nag: Damn migraines. Ugh. It's been a few days of them now. Monday was horrid, had to run home, crying like a little girl. Puked, too. There are some headaches that my meds just don't take care of and they suck. I think they're weather related. Oh, to live in the desert. Any desert, just keep that barometer steady for me.

Even my usual food remedies haven't helped this time. Usually it's a Snickers/Pepsi or a Steak N Shake meal, or a baked potato/iced tea thing and all is good. This time, I just ended up throwing up the food. Ergh. I can send a message instantly to the other side of the planet, but my doctor can't make one side of my head stop hurting.

I really feel for you, Laffitupfzbl. Those who have never experienced an insistent migraine really have no idea what it's like.

Fortunately, I only get them maybe 2 or 3 times per year, but I just get the pain and the upset stomach, I don't get the flashing bursts of colour and light in my eyes. Some people pay money for hallucinogenic issues like that..!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
06-30-2010, 12:52 PM
(06-30-2010 11:32 AM)Laffitupfzbl Wrote:  My newest nag: Damn migraines. Ugh. It's been a few days of them now. Monday was horrid, had to run home, crying like a little girl. Puked, too. There are some headaches that my meds just don't take care of and they suck. I think they're weather related. Oh, to live in the desert. Any desert, just keep that barometer steady for me.

This breaks my heart. And I couldn't imagine a migraine.
I stepped on a thumbtack yesterday and it it drove into my heal as I stepped down. I
thought I was going to passout and die. Sorry for your pain I'm sure it's totally consuming.
Check out http://www.relieve-migraine-headache.com You probably have.

Don't talk smack about Total!!
06-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the link - I will check it out. I actually got booted out of a migraine study once because my migraines don't fit 'patterns' or have precursors or anything like that. I usually can use a preventative med and a rescue med twice a year with any success. Beyond that, it's me, my food relievers, and Tylenol duking it out. But, I've had them since I was 8 years old, so I try not to get too whiny with it. You can either let the headaches stop your life, or just soldier on through the not-horrible ones and only pause for the 'my head may just explode' ones. But I do gripe about them all, occasionally! If only I could afford a face-lift...which is one of the newest treatments for migraine believe it or not. Sure, my boobs would be even further away from my chin than they are now...but whatareyagonnado, eh?