Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Nag-Thread
07-01-2010, 03:27 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2010 03:28 AM by old honda rider.)
RE: The Nag-Thread
Well, a very good friend of mine called me about 6:00 yesterday afternoon, wailing that she needed a drive to the hospital.

I had a hunch something was up.

Apparently, in a fit of tidying-up flurry, she leaned against a toy box (she's got two boys, ages 9 & 6), somehow putting her weight on one end of a toy and the other end of a Galactic Super-Tron Laser Weapon Gizmo ended up whacking her across the eye. When I got there - just next door to me - it was pretty clear that she needed stitches.

Her mom came over to watch the boys and I drove her to the hospital.

NINE HOURS LATER Angry... (I swear I'm not making this up)... she finally got seen by a doctor who sewed her up with 10 stitches. The stitching took less than 15 minutes.

She's gonna be major-league sore tomorrow and will have a shiner like she's done 10 rounds with Jake LaMotta.

It's now about 5:30 on Thursday - Canada Day - and I pretty much just got home. Zero sleep. Like, none. Ooooo... this day is gonna hurt.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2010, 09:26 PM
I like the nag thread much better, sorry bro.
Truth is, I'm really in some serious Hot water in this season of my life.
Politics are brutal man. And totally brutal at the local novice level.
Forced retirement? Could happen. And I'm not very happy about it.

Hey anyone need a big and tall super model? Looking for a job....

NagnagAngry

Don't talk smack about Total!!
07-06-2010, 07:50 AM
A tiny relative, 2 and half years old, fell off of a second story porch last night. I have no idea how he's doing,but he's in the hospital.
I wonder which girlfriend was watching him for his mom. She leaves him with whoever all the time!

07-06-2010, 10:57 AM
(07-06-2010 07:50 AM)nettiesaur Wrote:  A tiny relative, 2 and half years old, fell off of a second story porch last night. I have no idea how he's doing,but he's in the hospital.
I wonder which girlfriend was watching him for his mom. She leaves him with whoever all the time!

I was wrong, it was just an accident. His very caring and outstanding dad was watching him and he escaped onto the porch. He has a skull fracture, but is giving the nurses heck, and is going to be all right.

07-06-2010, 07:29 PM
(07-06-2010 10:57 AM)nettiesaur Wrote:  
(07-06-2010 07:50 AM)nettiesaur Wrote:  A tiny relative, 2 and half years old, fell off of a second story porch last night. I have no idea how he's doing,but he's in the hospital.

I was wrong, it was just an accident. His very caring and outstanding dad was watching him and he escaped onto the porch. He has a skull fracture, but is giving the nurses heck, and is going to be all right.

That's going to hear that he's doing okay for the most part. Sucks to hear how little ones get hurt like that though.
07-06-2010, 08:08 PM
So glad he's OK! Scary stuff. Kids are sneaky and fast. I worry about my little boy when I leave him with my sister or my mother-in-law. Both love him very much, but my sister is always busy with a hundred things and seems to only concentrate on the 'fires' so unless my son is causing an issue she doesn't tend to fully focus on him. My mother-in-law just thinks that nothing bad will ever happen no matter what. My fiance even admitted to me that he was lucky to have 'made it' past his childhood, considering how lax his Mom was in raising him. Plus the fact that they're farm people and put him on all kinds of 'vehicles' even though he's only two. Ergh!!! It helps with babysitting costs to have him staying with them all, and they all want to see him that often anyway, but cheese and crackers does it make me nervous. I'd much rather just stay home with him, but alas, have to bring in the dough from two paychecks to make the ends meet these days. I should have been born in the 50's for sure. I'd be an awesome housewife.
07-07-2010, 10:17 PM
(07-06-2010 08:08 PM)Laffitupfzbl Wrote:  So glad he's OK! Scary stuff. Kids are sneaky and fast. I worry about my little boy when I leave him with my sister or my mother-in-law. Both love him very much, but my sister is always busy with a hundred things and seems to only concentrate on the 'fires' so unless my son is causing an issue she doesn't tend to fully focus on him. My mother-in-law just thinks that nothing bad will ever happen no matter what. My fiance even admitted to me that he was lucky to have 'made it' past his childhood, considering how lax his Mom was in raising him. Plus the fact that they're farm people and put him on all kinds of 'vehicles' even though he's only two. Ergh!!! It helps with babysitting costs to have him staying with them all, and they all want to see him that often anyway, but cheese and crackers does it make me nervous. I'd much rather just stay home with him, but alas, have to bring in the dough from two paychecks to make the ends meet these days. I should have been born in the 50's for sure. I'd be an awesome housewife.

Well, as it turns out, he's not o.k, and needed surgery tonight to relieve the pressure on his brain...so if you are a praying person could you say a prayer for him please?

07-07-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm not a praying person but I believe in the several small gods that have listened to my "wants" in the past. I've sent a message to them that a young brain in need needs their help. I hope they're listening. You just never know. god bless.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
07-08-2010, 05:53 PM
(07-07-2010 10:43 PM)Brutus Wrote:  I'm not a praying person but I believe in the several small gods that have listened to my "wants" in the past. I've sent a message to them that a young brain in need needs their help. I hope they're listening. You just never know. god bless.

Thanks, he came out of surgery o.k, but I haven't had an update since then.

07-08-2010, 11:24 PM
(07-07-2010 10:17 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  
(07-06-2010 08:08 PM)Laffitupfzbl Wrote:  So glad he's OK! Scary stuff. Kids are sneaky and fast. I worry about my little boy when I leave him with my sister or my mother-in-law. Both love him very much, but my sister is always busy with a hundred things and seems to only concentrate on the 'fires' so unless my son is causing an issue she doesn't tend to fully focus on him. My mother-in-law just thinks that nothing bad will ever happen no matter what. My fiance even admitted to me that he was lucky to have 'made it' past his childhood, considering how lax his Mom was in raising him. Plus the fact that they're farm people and put him on all kinds of 'vehicles' even though he's only two. Ergh!!! It helps with babysitting costs to have him staying with them all, and they all want to see him that often anyway, but cheese and crackers does it make me nervous. I'd much rather just stay home with him, but alas, have to bring in the dough from two paychecks to make the ends meet these days. I should have been born in the 50's for sure. I'd be an awesome housewife.

Well, as it turns out, he's not o.k, and needed surgery tonight to relieve the pressure on his brain...so if you are a praying person could you say a prayer for him please?

I did as you asked, I hope he's ok

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user