Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A margarita sure sounds nice about right now.
05-06-2010, 08:32 AM
A margarita sure sounds nice about right now.
As we know, yesterday was Cinco De Mayo.

We are very fortunate to have a nice mexican restaurant in my little Burg of 5K and I was ramped up all day over having a margarita with wifey during supper.

Unfortunately, everyone else had the same idea and Stevo went home with his hollow leg bone dry.

Which brings me, ladies and gents, to the subject....finally:

What is your best recipe for a Margarita? Gotta have a good one....and soon!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2010, 08:51 PM
RE: A margarita sure sounds nice about right now.
Strawberry Margaritas

1 ( 10 oz)package frozen strawberries ; slightly thawed
1/4 cup tequila
1/4 cup triple sec
6 TBSP fresh lime juice
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 cups crushed ice
4 fresh strawberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 margarita glasses

In a blender place the frozen strawberries,tequila, triple sec, 4 TBSP of lime juice and the 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Blend until smooth and then add in the ice and only blend for a little bit bit. Pour into prepared glasses.

To prepare the glasses: Take 2 shallow plates or flat bottomed bowls into one add the granulated sugar and in the other one place the remaining lime juice. Dip the glass rim, rolling it around , in the lime juice and then into the sugar . Tap of excess sugar, cut a slit into a fresh strawberry and place on the rim. Pour the margarita mix in and enjoy. Repeat often as needed.

Hint: If you use all fresh strawberries in place of the frozen add in a bit more of the tequila or triple sec and more ice.
You can use all tequila or triple sec instead of 1/2 and 1/2--depends on your tastes

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
01-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Powdered Sugar? Thats interesting!

I think our ratios are a bit different. more like 2/3 cup of tequila to half cup of triple sec. We also use just fresh strawberries, as the frozen ones dont have the kick. PRobably not as much sugar but just enough added for taste. I asked Mrs B for a "recipe" and I got the GLARE of death. WHAT RECIPE? Just dont forget the extra shot of tequila across the top. For "flavor".

It helps when your spouse was born AND raised in Tuscon, Arizona.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2011, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2011 09:19 PM by Stevo.)
(01-20-2011 08:48 PM)boomer Wrote:  Powdered Sugar? Thats interesting!

I think our ratios are a bit different. more like 2/3 cup of tequila to half cup of triple sec. We also use just fresh strawberries, as the frozen ones dont have the kick. PRobably not as much sugar but just enough added for taste. I asked Mrs B for a "recipe" and I got the GLARE of death. WHAT RECIPE? Just dont forget the extra shot of tequila across the top. For "flavor".

It helps when your spouse was born AND raised in Tuscon, Arizona.

Ahhh, I like that boomer.

Hey, 6 inches of snow on the ground today and temperatures to dip into single digits tomorrow. Sounds like a good enough reason for me to try it out!
01-20-2011, 09:35 PM
I tell you what - I'll trade your single digits for our subzero colder than a youknowwhat. Scheduled for MINUS 15 DEGREES here.....I could use a couple of those just to warm me up!!!

01-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Mmmm. We're Geographically close. So much so that this sounds like a push. Central Illinois here.
01-21-2011, 10:08 PM
I am up Iowa way in Cedar Rapids. FRoze my tuckus off this morning!

07-16-2011, 09:08 PM
On a hot summer night there’s nothing like sipping an icy margarita and after much diligent and painstaking research I think I’ve finally come up with the perfect recipe.

1 ½ oz tequila
1 oz orange liqueur (I prefer Grand Marnier or Patron Citronage)
2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice (approximately 3 limes)
1 oz simple syrup*

Shake vigorously in a cocktail shaker with several ice cubes then pour into ice-filled glasses that have been rimmed with fresh lime and kosher salt. Garnish with lime wedges.

*Simple Syrup

1 c water
1 c sugar

Simmer sugar and water over medium heat in a saucepan until sugar dissolves and liquid becomes clear. Let cool. Store in container and refrigerate. Great to have on hand for cocktails, ice tea etc.

Sure is hot here in the northeast -- cheers!!
07-17-2011, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2011 05:00 PM by dheafey.)
(07-16-2011 09:08 PM)Dee Wrote:  On a hot summer night there’s nothing like sipping an icy margarita and after much diligent and painstaking research I think I’ve finally come up with the perfect recipe.

Thank You Dee! I.Must.Try.This. I'm a HUGE fan of Margaritas with freshly squeezed lime juice. The simple syrup concoction is especially appealing. I've been on a "Death to HFCS" kick and anything that helps me avoid the Margarita mixes is gold.

Cheers!

I jumped the cliff with a dream to fly
Without knowing the weight of feathers
07-17-2011, 06:45 PM
After a conversation about Caipirinhas today, and a helping of Boomer drool after he noted that the picture of said libation looked "awful good", I nabbed the only brand that my local preferred spirit purveyor had to offer.
Something called Pitu /40 proof cachaca.
This is my first bottle of the product, so I have no reference as to how good, bad, smooth or horrific that it may be compared to other brands.
I smooshed (technical term) half a lime, and added a couple of teaspoons of raw sugar with a rather large quaff of the above Brazilian hooch. Now granted, it may have been a bit heavy on the hooch side, but good enough, nonetheless to flood my system with feel-good endorphins. Anything to take my mind off of the fact that, at the moment, Oz feels like Mercury... the planet - not the metal.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.