Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Barbecue: Dry Rubs
07-08-2011, 08:40 PM
RE: Barbecue: Dry Rubs
(05-08-2010 12:04 PM)Dessert Diva Wrote:  My daughter used a petty tasty rub a few weeks back The rub was the only thing on the ribs and it left them dry after cooking. Should she have added a marinade over the rub?

You can use a mop sauce over a rub to help keep things like brisket and ribs from drying out. Just don't mop until the outside is crusted to avoid contaminating your mop with juices from the meat. Mop sauces are usually transparent and have ingredients like apple cider, vinegar, and/or wine in them. You can find recipes or make one up that suits you, just taste it first Wink

"I will quietly resist."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2012, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2012 12:39 PM by Sunset.)
(04-20-2010 04:01 PM)rkalem Wrote:  I dont think many RUSH appreciators are appreciators of CORDON BLEU recipes....LOL.

Ohhhhhh....I dunno about that.Wink

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
02-09-2013, 01:25 AM
I know that I'm late to this party, but were you looking for rub recipes or commercial products?

Eric
02-10-2013, 01:47 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 01:54 AM by Bigfootbud.)
A little bit of this and a little bit of that! Smile

Maybe little or no salt though, as some of the packaged ribs are packed in a varying saltiness of brine solution...
Dog gonnit! Now I must have pork ribs tomorrow!!!! Smile
My mouth is: Oozilating! Smile

Buds Beef Brisket

And my "Brush with Greatness"!! The Professor arrives!

Have Fun!!
02-10-2013, 07:15 PM
For any rub involving pork the following spices must be used. How much you use can be up to you and whatever else you want to include.
Brown Sugar
Chili Powder
Black and Cayenne Pepper
Garlic
Paprika
Salt
03-02-2013, 02:12 AM
I would add onion powder and apple powder to Phillip's list of ingredients. You can get apple (and other fruit) powder at specialty ingredient stores or make it your self with a dehydrator and a spice grinder. Apple and pork pair wonderfully.

Eric