Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
VENISON!
11-28-2010, 11:10 PM
RE: VENISON!
I love venison! Although, the best cut of meat that I have ever had came from about 10 lbs. of elk meat my next door neighbor gave me. That elk was soooooo good, I made it last and stretched it out for 2 months. Man, that was good stuff. It looked like a slice of liver; it had a very red appearence.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Your love is like Sam Kennison, whoa oh hoa shake it up, just like Sam Venison

Good venison is what i need!

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/details.php?id=2607

Love,

Sam http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV1dyV9d_1k Venison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Ok here it is..... 3 Day Venison Jerky

2/3 cup soy sauce
4 TBSP worcestershire sauce
1 TBSP fresh cracked pepper
1 TBSP -minced- garlic cloves
1 TBSP fresh ginger root -grated-
1 TBSP Liquid Smoke Hickory flavor --www.colgin.com
4 TBSP honey
1 TBSP BBQ sauce
1 TSBP curry powder

1 to 2 quarts cider vinegar
Venison cut into thin strips
Glass cake pans or bowls

Day 1:
Put the meat into a large glass container and pour enough cider vinegar over to fully cover it.
In another glass container mix the ingredients from soy sauce to the curry powder. Stir together well.
Seal both containers with plastic wrap, put into the refrigerator and allow to marinate for 24 hours.

Day 2:
Remove glass containers from the refrigerator. Drain the vinegar from the meat, remix the marinate and then place the meat into it cover it with plastic wrap and put the 1 container with meat/marinate back in the refrigerator for another 24 hours to marinate.

Day 3:
I use a dehydrator to make my jerky. Turn on dehydrator to meat setting lay strips on the trays and every 4 hours turn the jerky strips over and rotate the trays from top to bottom and then bottom to top. Keep drying until the meat is "leathery" looking and dry-crisp. Store in a glass canning jar with lid.

I've never done the oven method,so if anyone else has maybe they can chime in with their experiences.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
11-29-2010, 07:06 PM
My kids are eating Venison Summer sausage I got from my brother in Wisconsin. They sucked the jerky down in no time with no crumbs left behind.
11-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Crumbs too tiny even for a mouse?

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
11-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Beers - since I don't have a dehydra-tator, I think it will be ok with Boomer and I if you go ahead and whip up a batch.
Boom - ten pounds should be enough, eh? (Oh - that's each, Beers)
Man - what a great gal!

Love you!

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
11-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Ten pounds? Oh goodness thats just a week long SNACK in my house. One year I had a friend get an extra deer tag filled so he gave it to me. I settled in on 80 pounds of venison sausage....and it was gone in about a month.

Of course there were 5 of us eating on that pile of meat...but hey......it was delish!

11-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Well.... guys I'll need that Venison then as this year My Hubby had to work the whole season and didn't get out at all(not a happy camper). I do have to say that the fresh back straps right from the deer(while they are butchering the carcass) fried with onions, garlic and butter in a cast iron pan is OHhh so yummy!

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
11-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Steady 2Beers- you are running with my emotions!

11-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Hubby says I forgot the bacon that goes with along with it and a cold one to complete the eats.