Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
VENISON!
11-30-2010, 10:19 AM
RE: VENISON!
The weather was perfect for the show and I enjoyed every bit of it (even having to look through a grandstand girder to see most of the stage). The only downside is that the wife and kid wanted to leave right after the boys left the stage and I never got a chance to watch the video... Sad

Did you go to the Mickey's you were talking about, or was it Mickey's diner in the car? The St. Paul cathedral is very nice as well. I run on the hills in StP on occasion. If you're up this way again, please let me know. Same if I'm heading south I'll give you a head's up.

Thanks for the words. Nothing too severe just a bit knocked down but not out. Smile Although, now I have to try and catch up on all the posts I missed. Wonder if the B's still need someone to handle the broom or dustpan? Wink

On topic, I've been reading a lot about bow hunting as well as hitting up a few websites. I'll most likely not fill these tags (1 buck and 1 doe) this year. But next year, I'll walk miles and drag them home if I have to...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Did you say bow? The rest on my Drenaline busted and I never got a new one, plus I got a bit sidetracked with some work issues I am trying to clear up. Love bow hunting with a passion, but the knees not so much. I need to get my bow traded in for a new one anyways, but a shame to not fill those tags!!!

We went to the Mickeys diner in the car in downtown. Nice little place, but they sure do heavy up on lard! I think my stomach started doing somersaults when I saw them dumping gallons of lard on the hash browns. We picked up a city guide book at one of the bookstores and did find The DownTowner Cafe we were looking for. Also found some other sites my wife wants to see.

Unfortunately the last part of the show including the encore was busted for me. Some kid probably all drugged up on meth started running from security and they ended up gang tackling this kid right in front of me. When you have 12 cops and at least that many security folks right in front of you it makes it hard to see. Made me mad but what could I do. The rest of the show was awesome though - for my first!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Yep, bow hunting. I picked up a PSE Rogue X last year for cheap when Sportsman's Guide here closed down then got it set up very nicely. Haven't shot archery for more than 20 years prior to that! But, with practice I think I'm a pretty good shot and can make a clean kill. Just need stuff now like a stand (not one for stalking at the moment), cammo, etc and learn how to field dress a deer. I may see if I can get up to a friend's house yet this year as they live on 10 wooded acres right against corn and soy bean fields.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the show overall. Unfortunately some people just have to ruin it for others.
11-30-2010, 11:32 AM
(11-30-2010 11:10 AM)boomer Wrote:  Testing - for those not yet tested.....this is a test of Boomers Megaphone.

Huh? (Sorry if an image is supposed to be visible, I can't see it currently due to browser I'm using).

BTW, Mickey's Diner is good food. But, like you said, heavy on the lard. Bubba might like it though as that's what I think B's BnG is intended for. Wink
11-30-2010, 02:23 PM
No image - just a note to my fellow mods.

I am just too used to the local diner my wife and I go to every Saturday. They dont use much lard, but Mickeys.....my toes started curling when I saw them using that big gallon sized pitcher to melt...and then douse....the food with lard. Next time I am up I want to try finding that Downtowner again. They made this Cajun style omlette with hollandaise on it that was el yummo!

11-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Oh, okay. Ddin't catch the reference so wasn't sure.

There's some very good restaurants up here. If you're up to spicy foods, I'd recommend Chino Latino. Family style meals (big portions meant to share) and from what's considered the "Rim of Fire" foods. Or, if you're a steak eater, Fogo de Chao is pricey but oh-so-worth-it!

If you're into the buffalo & cheese, Eichten's Cheese farm is a good place as well.

Darnit... Now I'm getting hungry and I just ate a couple of hours ago!
11-30-2010, 02:36 PM
My wife loves Mexican food, but I eat just about anything. Like cheese. Spicey foods rock, but not for my wife. She is a bit mellow on the spice.

Wait - buffalo????? Oh yummmmmeeeee!!! Got any place that serves buffalo burgers?

YEah Im hungry, but all I had for lunch was a slice of pumkin pie cheesecake, which if the calorie count is right, I have already taken in all the calories I need for three days. That was RICH!

11-30-2010, 07:18 PM
http://theeichtensbistro.com

That's just up the road from me by about 15 miles. They have an online store as well.

Chino Latino can be spicy. But, it's not spicy such that it's unbearable. It's just enough to give it a mild kick (most meals) and to give some heat and add good flavour. Some though are very spicy.
03-30-2011, 03:01 PM
Bumpity Bump!

I had to print out 2Beers jerky recipe. Can't wait to try it.

I tried making venison jerky using the same marinade as my beef jerky but it didn't turn out that great. I have 3 dehydrators to make jerky with. My family & friends would disown me if I didn't make Christmas beef jerky. I only have one friend who would eat venison jerky. Go figure.
03-30-2011, 06:39 PM
GOOD! I sure hope someone has luck with that because I can't make jerky for all the tea in China. I mean I am terrible at it, and jerky is just awesome if you keep a nice bag of it shredded inside your leather jacket while out riding on your Harley. Or BMW, Goldwing whatever.

I have tried and tried and it never seems to taste right.