Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
VENISON!
03-30-2011, 07:08 PM
RE: VENISON!
I enjoy all venison -Deer tenderloins are absolutely delicious, Caribou\Elk is outstanding and Moose is my favourite by far. I've never hunted them as I am a bird\wabbit hunter but the fellas in my group do and often bring me sizable roasts and loins.

"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2011, 07:13 PM
One of my techs brought in an elk steak for me. He makes the trek once a year to Idaho(?) I believe. Man, that was just out of this world...

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
03-30-2011, 07:38 PM
When I lived in Oregon, we had one of our field surveyors bringin about 10 POUNDS of elk jerky for each of us. 40 POUNDS of jerky. Somehow I fanagled some elk steaks outta him, but I think it cost me a bottle of pinot. Awesome trade - I could live on elk every day!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-30-2011, 08:10 PM
I miss elk and venison. I used to have some family members who hunted, and we always had various bits in the freezer. Mom always aged the necks in the basement, and when they were done, my Gram would come over. The day was spent cooking and canning mincemeat for pies. I didn't acquire a taste for it until much later, but I loved the smell of it when I was young.
Find all posts by this user