Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's for dinner, honey?
05-07-2010, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2010 07:01 PM by Janie.)
What's for dinner, honey?
I want to know what you're eating.

I think this could be a good way to see how other people pair dishes and get new ideas.
Tonight, I'm thinking... chicken breasts (I think just pan-fried with salt and butter), my version of cranberry chutney (warm up some cranberry sauce and put in some white wine and Dijon mustard for a kick), mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli with some butter and soy sauce and toasted French bread with carmelized onions and melted brie cheese on top.

Sound good? Anyone want to come over? The husband will eat the chicken and taters but everything else will be untouched.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2010, 08:17 PM
RE: What's for dinner, honey?
I love the idea of your husband eating only the chicken and taters. I'm laughing as I type this....Hopefully you'll get some people dropping by that can finish off what your husband won't eat, which seems like just about everything....Good luck!
05-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Tonight, I didn't have to cook. It's payday, and on those days, my husband picks up some take out on the way home from work. So, tonight, my kids had subs from Subway and we had rice with Hawaiian stir fried tofu, red peppers, carrots and pineapple. A little spicy and very tasty.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-07-2010, 10:33 PM
As I'm out of commission on Sunday - tonight was Mother's Day... er... Night... Dinner for Mom and I at Claimjumpers - a delicious parmesan crusted chicken breast atop smashed potatoes served with delicious stewed tomatoes & baby spinach with rosemary... Tongue

and, of course, a "tiny" slice of chocolate cake...

The above message is issued
without the express written
consent of Major League Baseball.

Johnny Jay
Teacher/Model UN Advisor
Full Time Rocker!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Janie, you always start the best threads!

Anyway, tonight it was cold and rainy. I cooked last night, so dinner was: a large bowl of chicken noodle soup ala Progresso, and a chicken breast on a hamburger bun.
Not very inventive, but it's Friday, and I'm eating alone.

05-08-2010, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2010 08:33 AM by Janie.)
(05-07-2010 08:17 PM)Brutus Wrote:  I love the idea of your husband eating only the chicken and taters. I'm laughing as I type this....Hopefully you'll get some people dropping by that can finish off what your husband won't eat, which seems like just about everything....Good luck!

I wasn't in the mood to battle with him over food so it ended up being what we call a, "fend for yourself" dinner. I made myself a cucumber salad and had a slice of french bread with pico de gallo piled high on top. Also enjoyed some nice white wine. We were all happy in the end. At least I was happy in the end. That was good wine! Big Grin
(05-07-2010 11:37 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  Janie, you always start the best threads!

Anyway, tonight it was cold and rainy. I cooked last night, so dinner was: a large bowl of chicken noodle soup ala Progresso, and a chicken breast on a hamburger bun.
Not very inventive, but it's Friday, and I'm eating alone.

Thanks for the compliment nettie! Smile

There's something so completely unstressful about cooking just for yourself. I think I actually enjoy those meals more!
05-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Early Mom's Day meal for me at a chicken restaurant pretty well known locally called White Fence Farm. The best part: the coconut fudge I bought to take home.
05-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Dinner last night was phad thai. I love this dish. So greasy! So spicy! I don't eat it very often but when I do, I eat so much I get sick. (You wanted to know that, right?) And then, I save some so I can eat it first thing in the morning. I would forego woo for phad thai.
05-11-2010, 07:08 AM
Dinner tonight:

Crab cakes
Caesar salad
toasted french bread with roasted garlic and butter

Simple, easy, yummy.
05-11-2010, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2010 07:57 AM by Dessert Diva.)
Salmon using Snapdad's recipe and Potatoes Anna.

I will try again tonight Sad it started pouring and hailing just when I started the grill.