Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's for dinner, honey?
05-31-2010, 11:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2010 11:39 PM by Neilbubbachuck.)
RE: What's for dinner, honey?
Apricot Chicken to be served tonight at this boys house! Along with fresh green string beans, fresh fruit cup and a slice of 12 grain bread with light butter. yea baby!

This is a nice, easy skillet chicken dish that's low fat and delicious. Depending on the thickness and evenness of the chicken, you might want to pound them to an even thickness between two sheets of plastic or wax-paper wrap. If you do this, the cooking time will be somewhat quicker. Check with a thermometer if you're not sure. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
If you have a wheat sensitivity or gluten intolerance, use rice flour instead of regular flour, and tamari sauce instead of soy.

Cook Time: 22 minutes

Total Time: 22 minutes

Ingredients:

4 5 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup flour
2 tsp canola oil
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1/2 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp reduced sodium soy or tamari sauce
Preparation:

Sprinkle flour on a plate. Dredge chicken breasts in flour. Heat oil on medium heat in a large skillet. Brown chicken for 3-4 minutes per side. Reduce heat to low.
Combine apricot preserves, chicken broth and soy sauce in a small bowl and add to skillet. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through (juices should run clear).

Remove chicken, cover loosely with foil and keep warm. Turn up heat and cook sauce until slightly reduced and thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Serve chicken with pan sauce.

Serves 4 enless your me, then it two meals.

Per Serving Calories 292, Calories from Fat 18, Total Fat 1.9g (sat 0.5g), Cholesterol 82mg, Sodium 249mg, Carbohydrate 34.2g, Fiber 0.8g, Protein 34.4g,

Light a candle, open a window and crank up the oldies

Don't talk smack about Total!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2010, 02:54 PM
That apricot chicken recipe sounds good! I'll have to try it.

Last night it was "FFY" (fend for yourself). I made myself a salad with bleu cheese, dried cranberries, homemade croutons and Caesar dressing along with a Greek pita with roasted garlic hummus, sliced avocado and some sriracha sauce. I felt very healthy! Of course, afterwards I ate a huge slab of milk chocolate/toffee bars I made earlier in the day.
06-03-2010, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2010 10:03 PM by Neilbubbachuck.)
The ROOT BEER PORKER BABY

Ok Peeps, this is one great meal along with some various other fine foods like kennel chips, dips and backflips. That's beautiful! A ROOT BEER FLAVORED PORK samitch.

Ingredients
1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce
8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
Directions
Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the
pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker. Drain well. Stir
in barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.

Prep Time:
10 Min Cook Time:
7 Hrs Ready In:
7 Hrs 10 Min

Enjoy, Charles

Don't talk smack about Total!!
06-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Shredded chicken chipotle seasoned soft tacos with cilantro along with black bean/corn salsa, white rice and lemon pepper avocado slices on the side. And, frothy cold Shiner Bock cerveza!
06-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Easy, lighter version of chicken parmesan. Was pretty good even though I made the recipe up myself. Family loved it!
06-04-2010, 07:44 PM
boneless pork chops, with lemon juice, fresh garlic, sea salt, and black pepper, flower shaped pasta, and roasted vegetables(summer squash, red pepper, zucchini, and onion) with olive oil, sea salt and garlic powder. A fresh baked cookie for dessert(lemon vanillaSmile.

06-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Dinner tonight...

Tandoori Pork Tenderloin, steamed rice and sauteed green, red, orange peppers, red onions, garlic, mushrooms, jalapeno peppers in olive oil.

I just posted the recipe on 'Main Dishes' to share.

FAITH is fear and doubt standing in HOPE. Angel
06-14-2010, 08:39 AM
Wife was busy cleaning and doing other things last night, so here's what I whipped up for dinner yesterday:

Steak (T-bone and sirloin) - seasoned with soy sauce, wherchesthire sauce, Lowry's seasoned salt, garlic salt, Mrs Dash Lemon 'n Herb, Tony's cajun seasoning let sit covered in the fridge for about 6 hours before grilling

Green salad - Romain and iceberg lettuce, cucumber, tomato, bell peppers (red, green, yellow, orange), green onions

Thought about doing some potatoes or veggies. But, with the variety of salad, thought it was okay to skip them.
06-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans last night! YUMMY!

Best meatloaf ever

3 lbs Hamburger
3 packages Onion Soup Mix
3 eggs
Half a package of hand crushed crackers
and a few real good squeezes of ketchup

Make into a loaf then draw some ketchup over the top (spell out RUSH). Bake in a 350 oven for about an hour.

I like good, quick and easy meals. None of that fancy stuff for me!
06-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Spicy stuffed peppers.