Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's for dinner, honey?
10-26-2017, 12:38 PM
RE: What's for dinner, honey?
Mon ami!

Very good to hear from you again. All is well on this side of the continent as we edge closer to my favorite time of year. Comfort food time lol!

My pursuit of the culinary arts is, of course, ongoing and always developing. In fact, this winter I will attend a 5 day boot camp @ CIA Greystone in St Helena where French continental, Italian provincial, and breads/pastries among other topics will be a part of the lesson plan. Very excited about this!

This time of year is also wine time, and the deliveries are rolling in and being cellared for a few years in order to reach my preferred flavor profiles. As a splurge, Mrs Sunset and I will attend the Clos Solène pick-up and dinner party in the west Paso Robles hills for our 22nd anniversary.Smile

Due to the heat and just plain being busy, ive not spent much time(relatively speaking)in the kitchen over the summer. Though I have recently picked up the implements once again...

Roast baby pumpkin with smoked chicken, jarlesburg, and beurre blanc...

[Image: IMG_4373.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4377.png]

Duxelles/chèvre rellenos with tequila lime sauce...

[Image: IMG_4353.jpg]

And, although it's not quite "The Season" yet, I just couldn't help myself...

[Image: IMG_4413.png]

[Image: IMG_4420.jpg]

Hope to hear from you soon.Smile

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2017, 04:03 PM
Looks soooooooo good! Our favorite Padron peppers from Spain have decided they no longer wish to grow in our garden. Alas. Sad The guy in the booth next to ours at the Farmer's market, had some Japanese peppers that look like jalapenos, but without the heat. We cooked them up in olive oil, sprinkled with sea salt, and voila! Just like Padrons! Now if I could only remember their name.......

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
10-27-2017, 08:48 PM
Shishito?

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
11-01-2017, 05:59 AM
Sigh.....and Mmmmmm, Sunset.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
11-16-2017, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2017 09:05 PM by Gungawoman.)
(10-27-2017 08:48 PM)Sunset Wrote:  Shishito?
Yes! Thank you! Big Grin

(11-16-2017 09:01 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  
(10-27-2017 08:48 PM)Sunset Wrote:  Shishito?
Yes! Thank you! Big Grin
Wait! No.....they look just like jalapenos, only barely more heat than a bell pepper. Dang!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...