Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bogle Vineyards
05-08-2010, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2010 06:09 PM by Flazer.)
Bogle Vineyards
Some of you may or may not have heard of Bogle Vineyards. They are still not a huge Winery, such as Chateau St. Michelle or other big producers making millions of cases of wine a year. Bogle sells nationally, but still produces quality wines at good prices (typically in the $8-$20 range).

They source most of their grapes from vineyards in Clarksburg, Monterey, and Russian River Valley in California. The Winery is located in Clarksburg, about 15 miles south of Sacramento along the Sacramento River in the Delta. The location is very calm and relaxing, like a winery should be.

I would recommend their Phantom blend. It's got great peppery notes from the Zinfandel and would be great with a steak off the BBQ. Petite Sirah 49% - Zinfandel 49% - Mourvèdre 2%

Their website: http://www.boglewinery.com/

Their tasting room offers tastings at no charge, and as this is a family owned business, sometimes the Vineyard manager or Winemaker are doing the pourings.

If you're ever in the area, look them up and pay a visit.
37783 Road 144, Clarksburg, CA., 95612
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2010, 08:16 PM
RE: Bogle Vineyards
(05-08-2010 11:21 AM)Fozzie Wrote:  Some of you may or may not have heard of Bogle Vineyards. They are still not a huge Winery, such as Chateau St. Michelle or other big producers making millions of cases of wine a year. Bogle sells nationally, but still produces quality wines at good prices (typically in the $8-$20 range).

They source most of their grapes from vineyards in Clarksburg, Monterey, and Russian River Valley in California. The Winery is located in Clarksburg, about 15 miles south along the Sacramento River in the Delta. The location is very calm and relaxing, like a winery should be.

I would recommend their Phantom blend. It's got great peppery notes from the Zinfandel and would be great with a steak off the BBQ. Petite Sirah 49% - Zinfandel 49% - Mourvèdre 2%

Their website: http://www.boglewinery.com/

Their tasting room offers tastings at no charge, and as this is a family owned business, sometimes the Vineyard manager or Winemaker are doing the pourings.

If you're ever in the area, look them up and pay a visit.
37783 Road 144, Clarksburg, CA., 95612

Thanks for the tip. I have always enjoyed the Russian River wines...

A smile is the shortest distance between two people.

Victor Borge
05-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the info.....now I hope I can find it in Cowfart and if not how much it might cost me in Canadian duty. I love to find little "hands-on" wineries that do so well with grape selection amd ...PRICE...this wine seems to fit the bill.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
05-09-2010, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2010 06:19 PM by Flazer.)
Sure thing. In regards to their "Russian River wines," I'm not sure which of their varietals come from here other than their Pinot Noir, which is a good wine for around $18. Yes Brutus, it's kind of out of the way for you, but you should be able to find them at a wine shop that is close enough to you for shipping to not be too expensive.
05-09-2010, 11:00 PM
hello,
home made lasaugna, garlic bread, Macaroni Grill Chantii great meal!