Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's your favourite beer?
05-12-2010, 06:12 PM
RE: What's your favourite beer?
Guinness (been to the factory in Dublin, unbelievable bar at the top that overlooks the whole city), and Heineken (also been to the factory in Amsterdam, by far the best tour ever!!). Bass Ale is also a great beer....and can't ever forget about the greatest beer of all: DUFF!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2010, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2010 08:52 PM by JrGtr42.)
I have no favorite beer...or I could say it's too many to list.
I am currently drinking a release from Weyerbacher Brewing called Tiny.
It's an Belgian-style Imperial Stout, Bottle-conditioned. (yes, I understand that half of that contradicts the other half.)
However, it's incredibly tasty, roasty, chocolaty, oatmeal-y... and very smooth mouthfeel.
I have another in stock, but I'll have to get a bunch more.
Damn this is good.
05-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Shiner Bock from Shiner, Texas. Tastes like Texas (except for the Trinity River south of Dallas-HA!) A beautiful refreshment to help heal hot Texas summers! It more than compliments our marvelous smokey Texas Bar-B-Que...in fact, they actually brew a mesquite smoke flavored (flavoured?) version. Shiner Blond is also WOWSOME!
05-12-2010, 09:21 PM
(05-12-2010 09:11 PM)wasabi cymbal Wrote:  flavored (flavoured?)
Flavoured. Trust me on this. Rolleyes

And it shoulda been Vapour Trails, too.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
05-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Hook Norton, Fullers ESB, London Pride, Directors, Timothy Taylors, Theakston Old Peculiar, Hicks Special Draught,............I think that covers it from the UK.........have enjoyed Sam Adams in the US, Speights Beer in NZ, and Belgium Beers at 8% proof are pretty formidable!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-18-2010, 09:06 AM
I am not a beer drinker at all. Do Little Kings count?
05-18-2010, 12:49 PM
I used to drink all of those fancies but nothing beats a cold beer! Back in 2000, my husband and I were given tickets for the balcony of the Hacker-Pschorr tent in Munich at Oktoberfest. Wow! A lot of beer was consumed that day. Even at this moment, my favo(u)rite beer is Hacker Pschorr's Hefe Weisse.

"Hope is what remains to be seen."- Bubba
05-19-2010, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2010 11:25 AM by NWoBHM.)
Quote:Hacker-Pschorr tent in Munich at Oktoberfest

Not been to the Beer FestSad but it has to be top of my list of things I would like to do. There is a pub near where I live, called the "Austrian Bar" where you can buy Austrian lager beer in earthenware steins, (which I think hold 2 pints) but because of the earthenware the lager stays beautifully cold until the end. I always thought this was a great idea rather than the UK pint.
Quote:Do Little Kings count?

What are Little Kings??
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-19-2010, 05:09 PM
(05-19-2010 11:24 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  
Quote:Hacker-Pschorr tent in Munich at Oktoberfest

Not been to the Beer FestSad but it has to be top of my list of things I would like to do. There is a pub near where I live, called the "Austrian Bar" where you can buy Austrian lager beer in earthenware steins, (which I think hold 2 pints) but because of the earthenware the lager stays beautifully cold until the end. I always thought this was a great idea rather than the UK pint.

I would definitely recommend Oktoberfest in Munich for everyone's bucket list. I know of those earthen ware steins, they work great.

What are Little Kings??

"Hope is what remains to be seen."- Bubba
05-20-2010, 08:15 AM
(05-19-2010 11:24 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  

What are Little Kings??

It's a cream ale, grown using American malt, 3 Hop varieties, and has a alcohol content of 5.5%. It also comes in these little 7 oz bottles, hence the little in Little Kings. Little Kings