Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's your favourite beer?
05-25-2015, 11:46 PM
RE: What's your favourite beer?
Awhile back I saw Einstök Icelandic Ale at my usual Scotch source in Pasadena, cracked up at the Viking logo and the umlaut (now I just call it "the heavy metal beer,) and bought a six-pack for the adventure of it, thinking it would be a crappy "novelty" brew.

Wrong-o. It shot right into my Top 5 go-to beers and has stayed there for the better part of the last couple of years. I'm talking about their Pale Ale, not the White Ale - which I tried and didn't care for.

"Waiter...can you stop that noise? What you call 'music.' It sounds like dirty water. How can they eat food - and listen to ****?"
- Sabina (Lena Olin) in The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2015, 08:55 AM
My favorite beers are Yuengling, Molson Golden and St. Paulie Girl...in that order!
Find all posts by this user
07-27-2015, 10:09 PM
I have an affinity for Trappist Ales, specifically the Trappist Rochefort series (6, 8, 10), as well as the Flanders red ales Rodenbach Grand Cru or Duchesse De Bourgogne.

I just tried a bottle of Oud Beersel Bzart Kriekenlambiek. Try saying that five times! My local vendor brought in a case. To quote a Beeradvocate.com review, "was produced using the 'méthode traditionelle' - so a cherry lambic given the Champagne aging treatment, and barrel-aged" It was a very unique and enjoyable product. I scooped up the remaining bottles.
Find all posts by this user
07-28-2015, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2015 08:47 PM by Boomer.)
DragonsMilk! OMG is that schtuff good!

Its 11.0% too......
http://newhollandbrew.com/our-beer/dragons-milk/

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user