Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's your favourite beer?
05-20-2010, 12:52 PM
RE: What's your favourite beer?
Quote:It's a cream ale, grown using American malt, 3 Hop varieties, and has a alcohol content of 5.5%. It also comes in these little 7 oz bottles, hence the little in Little Kings. Little Kings

aha I am with you (I think) - thanks Datura - well with an alcohol content of 5.5% it sounds pretty strong, but I guess this is tempered by the volume it comes in. Just had a look on Google, and apparently it is similar to a beer here called Boddington`s.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2010, 09:24 AM
It depends on the season. For warm weather I really like Penn Brewery's Kaiser Pils. For cooler weather Troegs Nut Brown Ale. When it's really cold I like Old Leg Humper Porter. I also detest with every fiber of my being any type of heffeweizen.
Find all posts by this user
05-24-2010, 01:45 PM
My taste's can swing all over the place, but recently I've been keeping a supply of Stella Artois steadily moving through the fridge. I've also enjoyed Mirror pond pale ale, Samuel Adams, and some other's from some local breweries. In general, my taste buds aren't very refined (meaning if you pour it I'll probably drink it).
05-24-2010, 02:56 PM
(05-21-2010 09:24 AM)edski Wrote:  It depends on the season. For warm weather I really like Penn Brewery's Kaiser Pils. For cooler weather Troegs Nut Brown Ale. When it's really cold I like Old Leg Humper Porter. I also detest with every fiber of my being any type of heffeweizen.

every fiber?

"Hope is what remains to be seen."- Bubba
05-24-2010, 06:01 PM
In bottles: Guinness and Boddington's. Both are fridge staples for me. Thank the beer goddess for nitro widgets!

On draught, it's a bit trickier...I'm hooked on the nitro tap, and lucky for me, there's plenty to chose from here in the land of brewpubs and micros. I really prefer the creamier head and softer mouth feel of nitro carbonation. A few favorites: Deschutes Nitro Obsidian Stout, Lompoc LSD, and Alameda Black Bear XX Stout.

I used to enjoy "old skool" Widmer Hefeweizen, before bottles. It used to be much cloudier and less fizzy. I'll still drink it if there's nothing on nitro, but only draught.

EN's First Rule of Beer: If I can see through it, I'm not drinking it!
05-24-2010, 08:43 PM
OH boy. My favourite??? What day is it?

Well, I usually start with your basic tankard of finer Guinness, but I am a big fan of just about ANY stout, but if I am going to get pinned to one or two, I would say Rogue Stout from Oregon, Granite City Stout, just about any hefeweizen, and if I am feeling rather frisky and generous, there are some fall brews from a little known brewery in MAdison, Wisconsin I think that makes this delightful brew with a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg in it, but for the life of me cant remember the name of right now. I dont see it that often and when I do I usually grab 2 bottles of it for dinner. Also enjoy the 1554 stuff for the outdoor grilling times when its a bit warm outside. And did someone mention Obsidian Stout???? That stuff is great as well, but I am a bit biased.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
05-25-2010, 03:36 AM
Well, in Dublin Guinness in a good place like Mulligans or Grogan can be heaven. I don't drink Guinness abroad.

I like german weissbiers. Erdinger, Paulaner are becoming common in Ireland (thank heaven), when in Germany I'll have anything that's put in front of me.

Of course, I won't forget the Dutch or Belgians, an even the french have some lovely warm weather lagers but they don't have the sheer variety and depth of the Germans.

In Ireland the baltic beers are becoming more prevalent with the influx (and now the outflux thatnks to the recession) of eastren europeans, Poles in particular, some of which are quite yummy.

But yeah, the weissbiers. take me home.
05-25-2010, 03:40 PM
I don't like to sound so typical but for me its Miller Lite. Though the old St. Pauli's girl is swell as well.

Rhythm In The Hands Of Few
05-31-2010, 01:48 PM
(05-08-2010 07:24 PM)Weezy Wrote:  Landshark, brewed in Jax, FL

Weezy - that was my contribution to our Beer Club (which is really a wine tasting club) last week. Man - there were some N-A-S-T-Y brews there that night!
My summation of IPA (India Pale Ale) went something like:
"Smells like goat a$$ - guess what it tastes like?"
I stashed a bottle of Landshark in my wife's bag before we made our exit.Tongue

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
06-06-2010, 04:09 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2010 04:17 AM by ePhilosopher9.)
beer is for filthers
Heinekens, holding those red caps high in high in hand