Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's your favourite beer?
06-06-2010, 06:00 PM
RE: What's your favourite beer?
Thankfully, there are as many varieties of beer as there are personalities and people. I find my palette seems to change with the seasons. I will try anything but quickly conclude whether its for me or not. Currently, I'm into Stone's pale ale that resembles a Sierra Nevada (Range of Light) but with a more bitter taste that I enjoy. There is nothing like a Guinness on a cold snow-covered evening in a pub. With summer approaching I will lean towards a Sam's Summer Ale or Blue Moon.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." -J.R.R. Tolkien
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2010, 10:10 AM
When I was stationed in Europe I was exposed to various Belgian beers. My favorite became Duvel but I also like Chimay Bleu...

"Food - Glorious Food!"
06-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:Chimay Bleu...

Fell asleep in a bath once drinking Chimay.......great relaxer......Mental note to buy some next time I am out.......but this time drink it away from water!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-16-2010, 02:03 PM
(06-16-2010 02:01 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  
Quote:Chimay Bleu...

Fell asleep in a bath once drinking Chimay.......great relaxer......Mental note to buy some next time I am out.......but this time drink it away from water!!

lol most definitely... of course both beers have a picture of a tall beer glas with a big red X through it assuring the drinker to drink these beers from a large brandy-like snifter...

"Food - Glorious Food!"
06-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA... a punch in the face with a fist full of hops.
06-18-2010, 06:49 AM
I drank 150 different beers one summer at a little watering hole named Stan's Home Plate ( the floor was actual dirt in spots )to get a "free" sweatshirt and I used to work in a beer store where we sampled all of the "broken" cases...out of all the ones I have tried, one thing that most of them have in common on a hot summer day is "COLD"....the colder the better....and watching the little clip on havexico's reply reminds of why COLD beer is good beer.....

The complaint basket is full but the paper shredder is on!Big Grin
06-22-2010, 06:48 PM
We have a great store by us that has a vast variety of beers from local to international. My husband and I love trying something new every week. Some of our favorites are Chimay, Bell's (several varieties of theirs), Guiness, a few varieties of Founders...just to name a few.
06-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:assuring the drinker to drink these beers from a large brandy-like snifter...
This is how they serve Fullers ESB in London Paddington, at the railway station pub, called, "The Bear and Mad Bishop" - a great way to unwind after pounding the streets of London, and getting crushed in the Underground.
06-24-2010, 09:00 AM
I'll have a Black & Tan, Guinness on top - Stella on the bottom.
06-24-2010, 11:40 AM
[attachment=69]

[attachment=67][/size][size=xx-large][align=center]

http://sos.abita.com/#load

[attachment=68]

A CHARITABLE PILSNER

Abita Beer Releases 'Save Our Shore' Brew
Portion Of Profits Go To Oil Spill Relief
[size=medium]
http://www.wdsu.com/news/24011656/detail.html

ABITA SPRINGS, La. -- Abita Beer has released a specialty brew in bottles labeled with pelicans, fish and birds spelling out "S.O.S.", or "Save Our Shore."

It's the latest local fundraising campaign to help those impacted by the Gulf oil spill.
"We just thought that hit home more than anything. Cause what it is, is a distress call. And we're in distress," said David Blossman of Abita.
Abita and the Louisiana Seafood Marketing Board are combining their local flavors to spearhead the campaign, with the 22 ounce specialty pilsner as the top fundraising item. It's available in 41 states nationwide.
"After the cameras are gone and the limelights are no longer here, it will be on the shelves and grocery stores and liquor stores and in bars and restaurants. You can't miss it when you look at it," Blossman said.
Seventy-five cents of each bear sold and 100 percent of merchandise sales go directly to the charity, which will then be managed by the Northshore Foundation.
"For the consumer to get that message in your hands in 41 states across the U.S. is a great way for us to have national outreach," said Ewell Smith of the Louisiana Seafood Marketing Board. "I'm going to be on the advisory committee to make sure the money is going to the right places. I know they want to get that money to fishermen, and also coastal restoration and fixing our coast."
The Abita S.O.S. will hit the market in mid-July.

[attachment=70]