Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Propane or Charcoal.
08-08-2010, 08:45 AM
RE: Propane or Charcoal.
I avoided a response to this thread, in part because - I have no life! I work two jobs and have a wife whose health is not exactly what I would call stellar, so I take on a lot of the things around the house she would ordinarily do while I am working my bunions to the nubs. Right now its gas for me, simply because I do not have the time to do charcoal. Now - if I HAD a life, my gas grill would be parked in the garage in leu of a nice big Weber charcoal set up. But - please no lighter fluid. It gets the grilling stuff all ganky and icky tasting. I start the charcoal like a nice campfire. Maybe a little hickory kindling in there for a nice smokey flavor.

Is it time to eat yet?

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2011, 09:20 PM
(04-17-2010 09:47 AM)rkalem Wrote:  As an avid BBQ fanatic,I have always used charcoal
for the great taste.Why would anyone even try to use
propane? Please tell me what you use and why?

PROUD MEMBER OF
P.E.T.A...PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS.

Lump charcoal only for me... does that make me a snob? good Gravy, I hope not!Big Grin

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
Find all posts by this user
04-27-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm a charcoal guy...only because it's the closest thing to what I love to use...Pecan. Started using pecan when I lived on a property with trees all around. Those things were always dropping branches. Man, that wood made for the best-danged tastin' chicken I've ever had. For my taste, it was better than mesquite, better than hickory or apple. And the fuel was free. I'd just go out to the yard, grab me some branches and voila! I was set. But, charcoal's okay too. Sad Now I miss my tree.
Find all posts by this user