12-31-2010, 06:41 PM
RE: Cocktails, anyone?
My husband brought home some Pendleton Blended Canadian Whiskey to try tonight

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2010, 10:04 PM
Time to put the homework away...not focusing well on it anyway...martini time Smile
Find all posts by this user
01-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Our best friends gave my Hubby a bottle of 12 year The Macallan for Christmas. They soooo know how to spoil him. They gave me a bottle of Naughty Girl wine by Von Stiel Winery to try.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
01-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Ooooo those must be awful good friends! Any time you can get a bottle of the good schtuff thats a true friend!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
01-05-2011, 07:21 PM
My Hubby says " he felt awful because he was willing to share with the guys as they watched football, but somehow all of them had a narcolepsy attack and wound up missing half of the games" I guess there were multiple attacks, us girls were on a shopping spree.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
02-05-2011, 03:13 PM
I have recently been introduced to a vintage cocktail called the Moscow Mule...I think it has replaced the Mojito as my summer drink. There are special copper mugs this is supposed to be served in - you can still find them on eBay - but a highball will work just fine:

Fill a highball with ice. Squeeze in half a lime, then toss the lime into the glass. Add 2 oz of vodka. Top with *good quality* ginger beer (really. There's a lot better brews available than Seagrams or Canada Dry). Stir and drink. It does kick.

"Washington is a city of Southern efficiency and Northern charm." - JFK
02-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Many folks are preparing their own Super Bowl feastdom for tomorrow, and we came across a neato recipe for Grapefruit Margaritas, which, if these work out, will be my new summer after work "medicine"! I will use real limes in place of just the lime juice. I am just fussy that way. Mint leaves are not required for this recipe, but add a bit of zest to the mix.

Wedge of lime
2 teaspoons coarse margarita salt
14 ounces ruby red grapefruit juice, with pulp (about 3 medium grapefruits)
1 ounce lime juice
5 ounces reposado tequila
2 ounces triple sec
4 slices grapefruit or twists
Mint Leaves

1. Run a lime wedge halfway around the rims of four margarita glasses and dip into salt. Set aside.

2. Combine 7 ounces grapefruit juice, one-half ounce lime juice, 2 1/2 ounces tequila, mint leaves cut in half, and 1 ounce triple sec in a cocktail shaker. Shake over ice until chilled. Strain into two ice-filled, salt-rimmed margarita glasses.

3. Garnish with a twist or slice of grapefruit.

02-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Oooo...that sounds good right about now. Maybe if I think I am somewhere warm it will happen.
02-05-2011, 04:25 PM
We saw these on The Food Channel the other night, and I had never even heard of them before. I dug a bit, found several variations, and picked out one I liked the best. Since my wife is from Arizona originally - this wont take much to sell her on these. But as tasty as these sound - I'll be nice and toasty just thinking about them!!!

What I may do is mix up everything, stir in the mint leaves, and let the pitcher set in the fridge overnight. These things take time ya know!!!

02-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Let all those flavors mix together Big Grin