Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cocktails, anyone?
02-07-2011, 08:01 AM
RE: Cocktails, anyone?
Well its the night AFTER the big game. Those grapefruit margaritas are outstanding, but wow do they ever pack a punch! I could see mowing the lawn in mid July, and putting together a pitcher of those. Very tasty but a bit sweet. The original recipe says you can use fresh grapefruits, but I got juice instead.

All in all a great cocktail!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2011, 01:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2011 06:05 PM by Neilbubbachuck.)
Deleted

Don't talk smack about Total!!
Find all posts by this user
02-07-2011, 06:06 PM
I'd advise that you might want to be sure the lawn mowing is finished 1st, instead of taking a mid lawn refreshment break. Smile

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
02-07-2011, 06:29 PM
But But But....? Where's the fun in that? I thought a mid lawn break isn't just something you do - its essential to the entire lawn mowing experience.

I mean....who cares if your lawn varies in length from 1" to 14" in length??? So what if you mowed the F word into the front yard for that neighbor across the street who just bought his second bike!

02-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Well then that changes things.... Smile

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
02-09-2011, 12:31 PM
(02-05-2011 04:11 PM)boomer Wrote:  Many folks are preparing their own Super Bowl feastdom for tomorrow, and we came across a neato recipe for Grapefruit Margaritas, which, if these work out, will be my new summer after work "medicine"! I will use real limes in place of just the lime juice. I am just fussy that way. Mint leaves are not required for this recipe, but add a bit of zest to the mix.

Wedge of lime
2 teaspoons coarse margarita salt
14 ounces ruby red grapefruit juice, with pulp (about 3 medium grapefruits)
1 ounce lime juice
5 ounces reposado tequila
2 ounces triple sec
4 slices grapefruit or twists
Mint Leaves

1. Run a lime wedge halfway around the rims of four margarita glasses and dip into salt. Set aside.

2. Combine 7 ounces grapefruit juice, one-half ounce lime juice, 2 1/2 ounces tequila, mint leaves cut in half, and 1 ounce triple sec in a cocktail shaker. Shake over ice until chilled. Strain into two ice-filled, salt-rimmed margarita glasses.

3. Garnish with a twist or slice of grapefruit.

I purchased some of the ingredients today. I will have to stop Friday and pick up the Tequila and the triple sec along with the salt.
02-09-2011, 01:14 PM
I guarantee you will enjoy. What I cannot do is tell you when to stop. These are AWFUL addicting!

02-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Tequila...check
Triple Sec...check
Salt...check

Big Grin
02-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Aspirin... check.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
02-11-2011, 06:09 PM
They will have to wait 'til tomorrow. Not much sleep for me today after working two 12 hour shifts. If I drank them, I am afraid I would fall asleep before anything else.

Of course, I will keep that aspirin handy for Sunday morning Smile