Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your online "Handle"
05-13-2010, 04:42 PM
RE: Your online "Handle"
Many, many years ago I was in a loud music club and this guy approached me, asked my name and this is what happened:

Dude: Hey! What's your name?
Me: Jen
Dude: Hi Jane!
Me: It's Jen
Dude: I like that name!
Me: Which one?
Dude: Well, see you around Jane!

I found it amusing and have used the name Jane for a lot of things. I added the "i" to it a few years back when I registered on TRF (therushforum) because there was a Jaye there who posted a lot and I thought people would confuse us. Anyhoo... that was long-winded.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Paul Doherty is Paul Doherty
05-13-2010, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2010 08:34 PM by Snapdad.)
It's from an old Primus song called Harold of the Rocks. Around 1991, I used to work with K-6 graders in an after school program and particularly with the little ones if they would run into me without looking I'd say "Watch where you're going there, snapdad" and it began to be applied back to myself. Everyone started calling me it.
05-14-2010, 12:03 AM
I guess I am the dumb one of the group. I accidentally registered my password as my username. SMERT!!

Don't talk smack about Total!!
05-14-2010, 07:46 AM
(05-14-2010 12:03 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  I guess I am the dumb one of the group. I accidentally registered my password as my username. SMERT!!

Obviously, you've joined the right group!

A clear conscience is a sign of a bad memory
05-14-2010, 06:39 PM
My daughter gave me my name, which I use everywhere online. I've done a lot of dahlia gardening over the years, won some prizes for my flowers, and thus....I've become a 'diva'... half-arsed expert of the flower beds...Smile
(05-13-2010 05:52 PM)Paul Doherty Wrote:  Paul Doherty is Paul Doherty

Good one, Paul Tongue
05-15-2010, 03:03 PM
My name, Puckhead, as you may suspect, is because I'm a hockey fan. But mainly, it's because of the hat I wear when I attend hockey games: a roughly 9-inch (22.5cm) foam rubber hat that says "Puckhead" on the front. Go Leafs! Whoops, wrong season for that... Sad
05-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Mine came about some twelve-odd years ago. My family had one computer and we shared a family address, Olson6@whateveritwas.com. When I moved out I got a computer and signed up for my own email address. I thought I would be clever and came up with my last name and my new status "solo-olson". After I combined them I was quite pleased until the first one of my friends pointed out that it looked like S.O.L. Olson. Well, since “S--- outta luck” seemed to fit me too the name stuck and has been my screen title everywhere ever since.
05-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Mine came from an amalgamation of one of my favorite Rush tunes, Lakeside Park and well, simply put, I'm female - they just kind of flowed well together Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Mine is not very original. I work for a dark colored package delivery company.