Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your online "Handle"
01-29-2013, 04:48 AM
RE: Your online "Handle"
Welcome to the zoo Kevin!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2013, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2013 01:29 PM by mlc.)
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Yeah, wife wouldn't go for a bike so the closest thing I found to that experience is the S.

Boys and there toys.....

One of the women in the S2000 club put it about as well as you can.....If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble Big Grin

On another note I just got GOOD tickets to the show coming up in Raleigh in May. Taking my son (10) to the show, he LOVES CA. Time to pass along what I have loved for 20+ years to the younger generation.
01-29-2013, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2013 08:04 PM by Gungawoman.)
Welcome to the fray, mlc! Mosey around and see what kind of trouble....er...FUN, yeah, fun...that's it...you can get into! Big Grin

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
01-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Thanks All,

Still trying to get a feel for the place, but good food and things with wheels is a good start.
01-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Things with wheels are good! Smile Welcome Kevin!

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
06-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Mine is simply a literary/poetic term for what's usually my favorite season of the year. (The exception is when a flood happens, which is thankfully rare.)
12-24-2013, 10:44 AM
I am something of a fan of the early sci-fi novels of E. E. "Doc" Smith. He had one series of books called the 'Skylark' series. The first book was published in 1928. I have since used Skylark for my business name and one version or another for my online presence.

I've also read that 'skylarking' is a nautical term for moving about the rigging of a sailing ship. Whenever you saw sailor sliding down the ropes on a ship, he was skylarking.

I kind of like to think of it as being spontaneous, like doing things 'on a lark'.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-27-2013, 08:33 AM
My handle is derived from a state landmark in front of my house--a cemetery. Former slaves, and families of those slaves, are buried there. In fact, the former slave if Tennessee governor Alf Taylor is laid to rest in what is called Cedar Grove cemetery.

I live at the base of the mountain, well really its a ridge, but all who live around it refer to it as a mountain. At one time the burial ground was outside of the city, but over the years the city grew. The families who live around the mountain have kinfolk buried in small cemetery plots on their land.

No pun intended, but the plot thickens.

I'm an avid disc golfer. I designed and installed an 18 hole discgolf course on my property and on my neighbor's properties (so kind of them to offer such generosity). I decided to call it Tombstone Mountain. Some of the views are spectacular. As you play the course they you get to see beautiful forest and mountain ranges in the distance. If you would like to see pics, just visit http://www.discgolfscene.com. It's in the Tennessee registry and currently ranked 4th in the state and 43rd in the country.

If there are any discgolfers in this forum I look forward to corresponding with you. Oh, the course is not for recreational players and can only be played by appointment. It's one of the toughest out there!
12-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Interesting. I don't think I am familiar with the sport, but I did find your course on the PDGA website. Looks like we have two courses in my area. One of them was hit pretty bad by Hurricane Sandy, so I wonder what shape its in right now.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-30-2013, 12:10 PM
(12-28-2013 11:34 AM)Skylarking Wrote:  Interesting. I don't think I am familiar with the sport, but I did find your course on the PDGA website. Looks like we have two courses in my area. One of them was hit pretty bad by Hurricane Sandy, so I wonder what shape its in right now.
I haven't updated my PDGA listing in a long time since i basically haven't comp r ted since my kids birth. Discgolfscene.com is the latest and greatest. Pics and reviews are there.

Disc Golf is a great way to get some exercise and have fun at the same time.