Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your online "Handle"
05-20-2010, 07:53 PM
RE: Your online "Handle"
I ride a 1999 Yellow Triumph Tiger. Kind of a rare beast in my part of the country.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2010, 06:09 AM
Me, I'm a swede who is his wife's sweet thing!

Ümläuts mäkës mëtäl heävÿ
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-21-2010, 01:16 PM
I chose Whinney because I love horses. The guy in my avatar is my 28 year old Morgan. I've had him since he was 2.
05-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Hardwaregrl comes from my job.
I have worked in the hardware industry as a store merchandiser for many, many years now, and have my own company too. (Don't be too impressed, its just me, myself and I).
BUT, my company name.......Limelight Merchandising.
Yeah, I know, i'm a dork.Rolleyes

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
05-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Ahhh the handle.

Mine starts about 1982, when I started my service in the navy. I "volunteered" for NAVY service on a nuclear powered ballistic missle submarine called the USS Sam Rayburn, SSBN 635. Those type of subs are more commonly referred to as "boomers" to those who serve on them. When I met my wife to be in 1985, she thought that the nickname "Boomer" fit my personality to a T, and it has stuck ever since. BTW - the word NAVY stands for Never Again Volunteer Yourself! Thats what I get for volunteering I guess.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
05-25-2010, 02:49 AM
Greeting from Ireland - my handle is nothing more than a corruption of my real name - "Graham" - that an old girlfriend called me - and it kinda stuck.
05-26-2010, 03:50 AM
My name is Japanese for "Tattood Temptress" (a so-bad-it's-good film). My ex started calling me it because I'm covered in tattoos, funnily enough...

With all of my dietary restrictions, I'm left with lipstick and water
05-28-2010, 06:05 AM
NWoBHM......."New Wave of British Heavy Metal", an era in the late Seventies and early Eighties UK, where loads of bands played heavy metal, and frustrated with the record industry A&R departments, typically did their own thing and recorded and released their own vinyl - some, (Iron Maiden, Saxon, Tygers of Pan Tang etc) a lot more successfully than others.
But it was an era where musicians got to work riding a motorcycle, (believe me it is a very different ball game where a bike is your only form of transport and not a fun item - especially in 1980/81 UK Winter - which until this one we just had was the coldest on record) - and their clothing was jeans, shirt, black leather jacket etc - which also worked well for band clothing. No Spandex until laterWink
Anyway - a great time for raw (no Pro Tools until later, and usually only 16 tracks max) heavy metal, and biking, (no fairings, disc brake on the rear if you were lucky)Huh
05-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Junglelord because I love Tarzan since I was a kid.
Now I am a 48 yr old kid who loves Tarzan.
I have written two novels for my grandkids based on missing time in Book one, Tarzan of the Apes.
Pretty good, if I do say so myself. My Granddaughter loves it, my gift of staying young forever to my grandkids.
05-30-2010, 05:38 AM
My "handle" is derived from a cute saying that i picked up in high school .. My last name is Lyng and everybody started calling me
Dinga-Lyng and i added the year of my birth 52 to it Thus dinga52 kind of cute and of course it fits !!!

"Laisser le bon temps rouler"