Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your online "Handle"
06-18-2010, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2010 07:46 PM by Brutus.)
RE: Your online "Handle"
(06-18-2010 01:32 PM)Laffitupfzbl Wrote:  I'm a big Star Wars fan. Got this email address about 15 years ago. When I need a handle, I just drop off the @emailprovider.com part. It's REALLY hard to give to people over the phone or in person. But, I love it and will die with it. Probably have it on my headstone. As long as I can write it down for the engraver...

I was reading your handle and trying to imagine what you might be representin' and the best I could come up with was, "laugh it up fuzz ball?"

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2010, 08:55 PM
(06-18-2010 07:45 PM)Brutus Wrote:  
(06-18-2010 01:32 PM)Laffitupfzbl Wrote:  I'm a big Star Wars fan. Got this email address about 15 years ago. When I need a handle, I just drop off the @emailprovider.com part. It's REALLY hard to give to people over the phone or in person. But, I love it and will die with it. Probably have it on my headstone. As long as I can write it down for the engraver...

I was reading your handle and trying to imagine what you might be representin' and the best I could come up with was, "laugh it up fuzz ball?"

Yep. Laugh it up, Fuzzball - it's a line that Han Solo says to Chewbacca in Empire Strikes Back when they're in the Cloud City. And yes, that is my 'nerd' showing.
06-19-2010, 08:27 AM
(06-18-2010 08:55 PM)Laffitupfzbl Wrote:  

Yep. Laugh it up, Fuzzball - it's a line that Han Solo says to Chewbacca in Empire Strikes Back when they're in the Cloud City. And yes, that is my 'nerd' showing.

Um, hate to contradict another fan, But I believe Han says that to Chewie on Hoth, when they're in the medical chamber with Luke and Leia. [/SW geek]
06-21-2010, 08:07 AM
(06-19-2010 08:27 AM)JrGtr42 Wrote:  

Um, hate to contradict another fan, But I believe Han says that to Chewie on Hoth, when they're in the medical chamber with Luke and Leia. [/SW geek]

Nope, you are totally right. I claim serious brain deficit due to my lack of sleep. I have a toddler and perimenopausal hot flashes. It's been about 2 years since I've slept more than 6 hours a night. This is what you get for having a baby late in life. Sorry for the TMI, but I have to justify my confusion.

Also, am I the only one who has that kissing scene flash through my head later on when Leia tells Han that Luke is her brother? Ewwwwww!
06-21-2010, 10:56 AM
(06-21-2010 08:07 AM)Laffitupfzbl Wrote:  
(06-19-2010 08:27 AM)JrGtr42 Wrote:  

Nope, you are totally right. I claim serious brain deficit due to my lack of sleep. I have a toddler and perimenopausal hot flashes. It's been about 2 years since I've slept more than 6 hours a night. This is what you get for having a baby late in life. Sorry for the TMI, but I have to justify my confusion.

Also, am I the only one who has that kissing scene flash through my head later on when Leia tells Han that Luke is her brother? Ewwwwww!

Yes! Well I suppose that we can give her the benefit of the doubt since she didn't know and just call it "plausible deniability" (a phrase from "Independence Day") since she had no clue that she was kissing her twin brother

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Mine came from trying to find something original...and I was in college, studying physics, particularly nanotech. I think the original meaning (courtesy of the boyfriend at the time) was "a babe of nanotechnology"; now I think it means "one-billionth of a babe". Confused

"Washington is a city of Southern efficiency and Northern charm." - JFK
07-11-2010, 02:16 PM
(07-11-2010 08:43 AM)Nanobabe Wrote:  Mine came from trying to find something original...and I was in college, studying physics, particularly nanotech. I think the original meaning (courtesy of the boyfriend at the time) was "a babe of nanotechnology"; now I think it means "one-billionth of a babe". Confused

Like my chances of finding love? Ananotech. One billionth of a chance. At least I got a shot

Don't talk smack about Total!!
07-11-2010, 11:49 PM
AS YOU WERE.

i guess i just need a glasss of champagne, she said, as she rifled off her sinister abounding audacity of the thought of brainwqashed someone said, no she said he said, the deal has changed and this commercial break is paid by your tax money like oh wait i have to deal with my Oil Spill Boom to Bust from dreams to a bowl of rice's flies wascally wabbits to biggidiggityboom.. stop halt delete my everworn errors.

bowing headfirst from waist up...

eP9
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Well, I guess my name needs no explanation really. Being 41, I am starting to see good and bad decision run full cycle. The good decision come back in spades and the bad decisions do the same. The good decisions that will result in positive outcomes TAKE SO LONG. Patience is such a virtue when it comes to good/bad karma. I have a 6th sense that is rooted in the karma/Kabala thing. Being Jewish, this was pounded into by my elders. They were wise and were correct in every way about this. The "leet" speak is something I picked up from my gaming clan. They love "leet speak" so K4RM4 was the next logical step to make them happy.
07-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Well, what can I say? The reason that I chose the moniker that I did was for two reasons. One is the fact that Erro is Latin for wanderer and vagabond, and for better or worse (and for more reasons than I care to admit) that has been my fate or my destiny; will let the reader decide for themselves which is which.

The other is the fact that I was a Latin teacher at one time in my life and the fascination with that beautiful language has always stayed with me. So the marriage between the two just seemed natural.