Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your online "Handle"
04-09-2011, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2011 12:42 AM by Blue Hawaii.)
RE: Your online "Handle"
Aloha to all~

I've ridden motorcycles longer than I've been able to walk, and a few years back, I purchased a blue one, along with all new riding gear (I just love the smell of a new helmet). I believe that no matter what the season is, Summer, Winter, Spring... you should always dress for the fall - meaning full protection all the time, (helmet, armored jacket, riding pants, gloves, boots - even including eye protection).

I purchased a cool looking pair of safety glasses that were blue polycarbonate to match the rest of the blue ensemble, and this cute girl that I used to see down at the beach all the time started calling me "Blue Shade Dude" which I used as an online handle to woo her affection when corresponding with her via emails. (It worked!)

A lot of the guys that I ride with on Sundays up Saddle road here on the Big Island, knew the story and just started calling me "Blue" for short. Now, a lot of people know me as just "Blue". I even use that name when I go to a restaurant and place a take out order. Kinda hard to get it mixed up with the other two guys named "Mike" or "Kimo". (Keep that in mind, Bubba, when I order "take out". Just say'n?)

[Image: IM000165.jpg]

I've even taken the "blue" theme into my other hobby...
[Image: IMAGE_00004.jpg]

Aloha and Mahalo to all who take the time to read this...

Blue.

It's better to have what you don't need than to need what you don't have.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2011, 06:13 AM
Aloha Blue!

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
04-09-2011, 07:18 AM
Welcome Blue. What a great place to ride!
Taken the "Blue Hawaiian" helo tour yet?

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
04-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Blue on blue, welcome!

"Listen...Jump on a moonbeam and rise, ride it, glide it all the way"
04-09-2011, 07:51 AM
Welcome Blue!! Enjoy your staySmile
04-09-2011, 09:45 AM
I had the pleasure of meeting Bob Moog once, I've been a TaurusPedal ever since. Maybe if or when I grow up I'll get to two or three pedals, until then, one day a time...

Being a home owner certainly has it's challenges and responsibilities, but a good cup of joe and some Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill prior or after the day is something that me thinks I could get used to. Idea
04-10-2011, 12:28 PM
My online handle has changed over the years. In my early days as a computer enthusiast using my Commodore Vic 20 and it's measly 5K of RAM I'd log into the local BBS at 300 baud and identify myself as "Gumby." Why? I dunno.. I'd always say "I'm flexible."

Today I like to use "Hannibal" after the character that George Peppard played in the 80's television series "The A-team." I always liked Hannibal's signature catchphrase, "I love it when a plan comes together."

At one point I attempted to merge the name 'Hannibal' and 'Animal' (drummer from the muppets) to form "Hannimal" but have mostly stuck with Hannibal (because quite frankly, Animal is a much better drummer than I.)

Of course, these are only some of the things that I've been called in life. I'm sure some of them are far worse. haha.

Cool Shaka... when the walls fell.
04-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Welcome to The Grill "Hannibal".....??? For some reason I thought you were attempting humor at Hannibal Lector.

I like the ORIGINAL Hannibal anyways. He was way cooler. Not like the movie.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2011, 12:33 PM
(04-10-2011 12:28 PM)Hannibal Wrote:  My online handle has changed over the years. In my early days as a computer enthusiast using my Commodore Vic 20 and it's measly 5K of RAM I'd log into the local BBS at 300 baud and identify myself as "Gumby." Why? I dunno.. I'd always say "I'm flexible."

Today I like to use "Hannibal" after the character that George Peppard played in the 80's television series "The A-team." I always liked Hannibal's signature catchphrase, "I love it when a plan comes together."

At one point I attempted to merge the name 'Hannibal' and 'Animal' (drummer from the muppets) to form "Hannimal" but have mostly stuck with Hannibal (because quite frankly, Animal is a much better drummer than I.)

Of course, these are only some of the things that I've been called in life. I'm sure some of them are far worse. haha.

So would our kids be "Hannibagels"?

A party without cake is really just a meeting
04-10-2011, 12:34 PM
(04-10-2011 12:32 PM)boomer Wrote:  Welcome to The Grill "Hannibal".....??? For some reason I thought you were attempting humor at Hannibal Lector.

I like the ORIGINAL Hannibal anyways. He was way cooler. Not like the movie.

If I didn't know him at all, I would find it odd that a vegetarian would name himself after a cannibal, lol.

A party without cake is really just a meeting