Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your online "Handle"
04-14-2011, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2011 04:55 PM by Dais.)
RE: Your online "Handle"
My parents gave me the name Desiree. No... not DES-uh-ray. DAY-zer-ray. Why? To torture me, no doubt. I have two accents, one over the first e, and one over the second. From the beginning, my nickname has been "Daisy." At the age of 42, I still go by Daisy, because I just hate to hear people butcher my name. There are a few people who call me Desiree, the right way, and I love that. But to everyone else, I'm Daisy I have just shortened that, to "Dais."

And people still drive me crazy by saying "How did you get 'Daisy" from "DEZ-ur-ay?" Ohhhhhhhhhhhh............ =)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2011, 04:57 PM
no problem with that mate, that`s just how I would pronounce it......

Living the dream over here in Blighty
04-14-2011, 04:59 PM
(04-14-2011 04:57 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  no problem with that mate, that`s just how I would pronounce it......

Then you may call me that. Wink
04-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Can I just call you Dais mate? I have got used to that, and you know the Brit habit of shortening everything.....

Living the dream over here in Blighty
04-14-2011, 05:04 PM
(04-14-2011 05:01 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  Can I just call you Dais mate? I have got used to that, and you know the Brit habit of shortening everything.....

Yep, works for me.
04-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Just an update I guess. I changed my username from Fozzie, to Flazer, mostly because it has been a while since I've been here and Fozzie was a new handle, while Flazer is a nickname I've been given by my Geology major buddies in school. :-D...it's good to be back
Find all posts by this user
04-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Welcome back, Flazer!! Take a look around and enjoy!
04-15-2011, 05:48 AM
Mine came out of the conversation at the end of the documentary "The Boys In Brazil" during the outtakes when Dirk and Lerxst were talking about having a "shrimp cot"--in Lerxst's teeth...in which Dirk replied "A Tiny Cot --for a Shrimp!"...so it stuck ever since.

"I love deadlines....I love the sound of them as they go WHOOSHING over my head!" -Douglas Adams
04-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Oh my gosh! I wish I had thought of that!! Cool

That always makes me laugh. And Geddy looks so pleased that he actually got one over on Alex! Big Grin

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
04-15-2011, 09:36 AM
I use my actual name, and my birth year mostly because it is always easier to remember the truth, and it i who I am.