Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your online "Handle"
05-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Your online "Handle"
I thought that this might be an interesting thread since a lot of us have already introduced ourselves. Brutus, if you feel that this belongs in that other thread, I won't be offended.

By the way, I forgot to mention when I did introduce myself, that I am from Oregon, in the Willamette Valley.

Anyway, just curious as to how everyone came up with their online names. I'll go first. Mine is sort of from my husband. When we were seriously dating (about 2 weeks after we started casually dating I guess), we started thinking of those "cutesy" names for each other. I came up with "Stud Muffin" for him (I know, it sounds really goofy now), and he decided that he needed to think of a bakery inspired name and came up with "Bagel Babe" and it's had variations. So "Bageleth" is more of a "King James" or "Shakespearean" version of Bagel. So, that's my story.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2010, 04:04 PM
RE: Your online "Handle"
Hmmm... well, alas, mine's not so imaginative.

I ride an old Honda.

Not much more complex than that, really.

Suddenly I'm suffering from handle-envy.

Hate it when that happens. *kicks dirt*

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
05-12-2010, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2010 07:57 PM by Malazan-Bubba.)
Well I'm Bubba on a forum for the Malazan books by Steven Erickson so I just added the Malazan prefix to my name here. The Bubba part was a nod to a group of people in the books called the Mott Irregulars.

I went to a restaurant that serves 'breakfast at any time'. So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance. ~Steven Wright
05-12-2010, 08:00 PM
(05-12-2010 03:25 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  I came up with "Stud Muffin" for him (I know, it sounds really goofy now)

My wife calls me the same. Cool

As for my handle, not much thought put into it. First song on the "Hold your Fire" album which was the first Rush concert I ever went to. Smile Just one of their many song I like.
05-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Well, on another board I was known as Aynn (one of the more interesting misspellings of my name by some customer service rep. oh so many years ago. How the @$*! can you NOT spell 'Anne' properly?!? Come on!!!) and later, Mistress Pyretta. So when I reappeared online after many years, I combined the two names and added just a wee bit more bad spelling to it...
05-12-2010, 08:45 PM
My online handle is virtually the same on every board that I'm on.
It's the combination of the end of my name(nette) and the running joke on rushisaband that I was the oldest one on the board at the time, so nettiesaur is the official name here and on TRF and CP, but it's nettie on riab, and everyone usually refers to me as nettie.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
05-12-2010, 11:50 PM
funny, I was just thinking of this- in particular the different meanings one could associate with my handle (which I think I started using a year or so ago when I joined facebook or something).
"2-wheels for going", obviously, I use my bike for going places
"2-wheels foregoing"- motorcycling to areas before others
"2-wheels forgoing"- riding to abstain from (things/people/work/et al) - which fits best when you pair that with a group I started "Dumbassaphobic Adventures"

I like them all but I'm not sure what I was initially thinking when I picked it out in the beginning.

A clear conscience is a sign of a bad memory
05-13-2010, 04:49 AM
Mine is actually a South Park reference.
There are very few people who get away with calling me "Timmy" in real life. Tongue

-Tim
05-13-2010, 08:09 AM
(05-13-2010 04:49 AM)Timmay! Wrote:  Mine is actually a South Park reference.
There are very few people who get away with calling me "Timmy" in real life. Tongue

-Tim

I just watched the "they live/southpark cripple fight" video on youtube- funny and classic. Timmay is heroic, I think you should be proud

A clear conscience is a sign of a bad memory
05-13-2010, 09:44 AM

Since I'm always baking, friends and family have called me Dessert Diva for years.
I go by nobodys hero on all the rush boards but I wanted something food related for Bubba's.