Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your online "Handle"
05-07-2011, 09:26 PM
RE: Your online "Handle"
(05-07-2011 11:23 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  Hi Pyro - welcome to the Grill........psst! Any chance of a firework display later, it`s my birthday you see?

Sorry, not licensed on that side of the pond, but if I were...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2011, 05:18 PM
All I have is an FLSTC parked in my garage will that do?

Wilkommen to our Grill man - I am across the River in Iowa but glad you found us!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Lightbulb RE: Your online "Handle"
My "handle" is a play on several things. I was a single mom of 2 boys for some time. I had strict rules for after school and during that time before I got home. My boys and I were watching one of the Terminator movies, and my youngest son turned to me and said, "Mom, you're kinda like the MommaNator, you kick butt and ask questions later...and whenever you leave, we know you'll be back"

I got a Xbox for the kids that Christmas, and I let them set up our online account. They decided that I would be Momn8r, and a friend at work suggested I get personalized license plates for my car, so I did.

It is funny how it is such a small world-one day I was helping a friend move, he lives a good 50 miles away from my town, and his nephew was there too-and he lives even farther north. He saw my car, and he whispered to his dad "It's her!" Turns out he was visiting someone down near me and saw my plates, which he thought was very cool, and told his dad about them.

I love being a mom, and that my kids know me well enough to understand that I am a mom first, with a sense of humor too!

I love this forum, and am looking forward to trying some of the recipes I have been perusing today.

I am Momn8r on most of my online venturings.
05-22-2011, 07:07 PM
My online handle is a King Crimson song if you didn't know. I thought it would different meaning to people.
05-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Welcome Momn8r and indiscipline!
05-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Momn8r - love it!

Welcome to the Grill Folks!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
05-28-2011, 11:12 AM
"Kat Skahnne" is a semi-old punk rock stage name of mine. It's also a way of having a go at my penchant for ending up in the ER way more often than anyone should. (Kat Skahnne...cat scan...just in case...) Further it's a nod to my love for cats and my admittedly feline personality.

Meow.
06-08-2011, 06:41 AM
On the topic of Jetrow.

I know, first thing you want to do is find out why I can't spell "Jethrow". Wink

Well it's no mistake, honest, I love the double entendre and so it is that Jetrow is a little play on words. Allow me to lay out the set up.

I picked up the guitar a number of years ago along with a friend who is often an inspiration to me, and we set about learning together how to play. Though I have some experience playing bass from life before marriage, there was, as there always is, much to learn.

Having put a few years into it and getting a little better ability wise, I came to the conclusion that I needed a better quality instrument to both inspire me to work harder and allow me the little extras that come with a quality instrument.

While always impressed with Gibson and Fender, I happened to walk into my music store and spy a Cadillac Green Gretsch Duojet 1957 reissue. Man O' man I tell you I was struck by the colour, the lines, the look and when I got it in my hands, they're kept way up high, I was smitten!

Played through a few amps, and found a tube amp was going to be the way I find my tone. With that, off I when purchases in hand.

Now you have to understand I love this guitar. I gave her the name of Jet and I just can't go a day without picking her up and hearing that low growl and throaty voice as I climb the neck.

Now I know some of you will get that as you have perhaps the same feelings about your ride, your rig or maybe even the spouse. Big Grin

Something like an addiction, rather than skid row, I am consumed and now derelict on Jet Row, missing out on some things because I just can't get passed that most addictive feeling I get when she is in my arms and we make that beautiful music together.

Hence, Jetrow.

Now that you can see just how long I can take to say I have a guitar named Jet so it's part of my handle, you can rest assured that I can and will take a very long time to say something.

Oh Bleat!
06-08-2011, 06:49 AM
Good story! Thanks for clearing that up, my first reaction was that guy from the Beverly Hillbillies.

I had to look up a picture of the Gretsch to see what you were describing, and you are quite right, that guitar is quite a looker. Wink

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
06-08-2011, 07:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2011 07:02 AM by NWoBHM.)
Got a Gretsch snare drum, and that is a beautiful work of art too.....

I seem to remember reading the one kit Bubba purchased for himself (when he was earning money from music - and bearing in mind a free kit was probably available from any manufacturer) purchased a Gretsch - and used to have it in the Log cabin.

Must remember my manners, apologies, and welcome to Jetrow and new people.....

Living the dream over here in Blighty