Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your online "Handle"
07-06-2011, 09:41 AM
RE: Your online "Handle"
Hmmm...grilling at the zoo??

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Is it legal to grill at the zoo?

Welcome Oogustus!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2011, 10:10 AM
How do new people. It occured to me that new folk would have to go back through the annals of time of the Grill to acquaint themselves with the first fedgling posts and our on-line handles etc, so to save them doing that, every 4 months or so when saying hello, I will also mention again my on line handle -

Which is: NWoBHM - North West of Birmingham, (on account I am South West of it, but Brutus can`t navigate for toffee).

Living the dream over here in Blighty
07-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Welcome Oogustus! They keep us caged here for our own safety.....

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
07-06-2011, 10:32 AM
(07-06-2011 10:10 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  How do new people. It occured to me that new folk would have to go back through the annals of time of the Grill to acquaint themselves with the first fedgling posts and our on-line handles etc, so to save them doing that, every 4 months or so when saying hello, I will also mention again my on line handle -

Which is: NWoBHM - North West of Birmingham, (on account I am South West of it, but Brutus can`t navigate for toffee).

That's a good idea NW. Well ok, my handle is the "King James" version of "Bagel" which is a nickname that my husby gave me years ago. I had nicknamed him after a bakery item, sort of, and he felt the need to come up with a name for me in the same category. So that's the story on that, Smile.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
07-06-2011, 05:46 PM
(07-06-2011 10:10 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  How do new people. It occured to me that new folk would have to go back through the annals of time of the Grill to acquaint themselves with the first fedgling posts and our on-line handles etc, so to save them doing that, every 4 months or so when saying hello, I will also mention again my on line handle -

Huh. I thought it was New Wave of British Heavy Metal Big Grin

burma.girl. My dad's from Burma. Aaaaand I'm a girl (uh, last time I checked...)

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
07-06-2011, 06:07 PM
(07-06-2011 05:46 PM)burma.girl Wrote:  

Huh. I thought it was New Wave of British Heavy Metal Big Grin

burma.girl. My dad's from Burma. Aaaaand I'm a girl (uh, last time I checked...)

It is Burma Girl, but Brutus has decided it is North West of Brum.....do you remember at school when people would turn your name around, and no matter what, that became your new name...you cannot fight against it......

Actually I quite liked my name, at school.......We are the Kin of Bats........makes me feel sort of like a Vampire......my surname is Batkin.....

Living the dream over here in Blighty
07-06-2011, 07:29 PM
ok, I'll rehash how I got my name.
Back in the days when I was first on rushisaband,(http://www.rushisaband.com) I was one of the oldest people on the board, and I felt like a dinosaur, so nettie became nettiesaur...but everyone shortens it to Nettie.

07-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Again with the surname thing we have a last name from 2 different types of beer Stroh(no longer being made) and Busch. My Hubby got the nickname 2Beers in highschool and it has always stayed with us.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
07-16-2011, 12:09 PM
neilspiel - just my way of saying i really enjoy Mr. Peart's books and lyrics and it was my way of trying to be 'clever' in appreciating his way of writing and messaging to his fans. Also absolutely appreciate his way of handling his fame or the fact he'd rather be appreciated without being recognized! Tough job! We love ya Man!!