Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favourite bottled hot sauce?
05-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Favourite bottled hot sauce?
I must admit my favourite hot sauce is usually whatever I'm chulunking on my meal when or wherever...Sri Racha chili sauce is OM. Blair's MEGADEATH 500,000 Scoville unit sauce just ended it's firery reign in my cupboard and the "dead soldier" bottle just absconded itself into the recycle bin last week........muy caliente and deliciouso! On fire in Texas!!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2010, 05:55 AM
RE: Favourite bottled hot sauce?
My favourite is Reggae Reggae Fiery Guava Dipping Sauce. I am not much into the hot stuff anymore but this one isn't too bad.

With all of my dietary restrictions, I'm left with lipstick and water
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-26-2010, 02:28 PM
I don't have a specific favourite as different hot sauces go better with different things.

I'd like to try and make my own though. Any ideas on how to do that, what to include, etc? (Or perhaps that should be a different thread...)

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
05-26-2010, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2010 08:08 PM by wasabi cymbal.)
(05-26-2010 05:55 AM)Irezumi_Muzan Wrote:  My favourite is Reggae Reggae Fiery Guava Dipping Sauce. I am not much into the hot stuff anymore but this one isn't too bad.

That sound like an interesting sauce---I really enjoy island sauces so I'll try to find it. I have colon problems myself but have found that only the very most nuclear volcanic ones give me any problems.
(05-26-2010 05:55 AM)Irezumi_Muzan Wrote:  My favourite is Reggae Reggae Fiery Guava Dipping Sauce. I am not much into the hot stuff anymore but this one isn't too bad.

That sound like an interesting sauce---I really enjoy island sauces so I'll try to find it. I have colon problems myself but have found that only the very most nuclear volcanic ones give me any problems.
(05-26-2010 02:28 PM)old honda rider Wrote:  I don't have a specific favourite as different hot sauces go better with different things.

I'd like to try and make my own though. Any ideas on how to do that, what to include, etc? (Or perhaps that should be a different thread...)

I make my own chipotles and salsas but haven't tried making a sauce yet since there are so many great ones to choose from already. Good luck on yours!
05-27-2010, 01:07 AM
Here it is - http://www.reggae-reggae.co.uk/

With all of my dietary restrictions, I'm left with lipstick and water
05-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Mc. Ilhenny Co Habanero Sauce......or the ordinary Tabasco - wouldnt be without them........oh and as I am from Worcestershire, Worcestershire SauceSmile
05-17-2012, 12:06 PM
A friend of mine is a Cordon Bleu graduate, and he makes his own hot sauces...I always keep my empty cool bottles for him, then I get some of the next batch!
The hottest I ever tried was called "Dave's insanity sauce" and it was purchased in SanFran...it was so frickin' hot! one edge of a carrot stick reluctantly touched the drop on the plate, and I swear I had to run cold water through my mouth for half an hour! lol
Althought its very "pedestrian", I do enjoy good ol' "Frank's" hot sauce..."i put that s**T on everything" said the old granny...Big Grin

If its too loud, you're too old!
05-17-2012, 12:40 PM
I love Blairs "After death" sauce really hot but great flavor!
http://extremefood.com/shop/home.php?cat=1 Check em' out...
05-18-2012, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2012 11:02 AM by N'awlins.)
When I was stationed at Cape Carnival in Florida, we used to fly downrange to do maintenance on tracking stations based on Antigua and Ascension Islands. While in Antigua, my buddy handed me a bottle of hot sauce, swearing it was the hottest, best flavored sauce you could find on the planet. Being from New Orleans, and thinking I'd sampled the best and hottest there was, I took a little dab on my finger, sniffed it, and placed it on my tongue...big mistake! For the next 20 minutes, I was slamming beer, water, ice cubes, anything 'cool' I could get my hands on, to extinguish the fire that had erupted in my mouth! When I could see straight, I found the aftertaste it left was most enjoyable, almost fruity (easy there Muffy!) and put a couple of drops in the chilli I was eating. When mixed in with food, it was FANTASTIC!
Anyway, I was later told the peppers they used in making this were only indigenous to the island, and it was only made and sold there. I looked for it after seeing this thread yesterday, and viola', they're selling online now! So, if you're brave enough, I'd HIGHLY (Wink recommend picking up some "Susie's Hot Sauce"! Here's 'da link:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...g2oM0eZGFA

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
05-18-2012, 12:46 PM
We have a couple local farm stands that sell specialty sauces. They hide them in a corner cabinet with a curtain to hide the labels from grandma and the kids. I get a kick out of the names (you know what I'm talking about). Most seem to come from the same company and are generic in taste. Will look for the 'real' thing!

Season's Greetings!