Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favourite bottled hot sauce?
05-18-2012, 02:30 PM
RE: Favourite bottled hot sauce?
There seem to be a whole lot of recipes if one searches on Google, and it doesn't appear to be all that difficult.

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2012, 04:48 AM
My sweetie likes a little Frank's Original in several things. Pretty good stuff. When he wants hotter, he goes for Dave's Insanity or Dave's Ghost Pepper (my parents got us started on Dave's Gourmet sauces...)
But mostly, we use his own sauce. A little something I call
Steve's "Fire Garden" Triple Pepper Sauce . (and yes, I borrowed the title of a Steve Vai album! LOL!)

We use our harvest of Cayenne, Jalapeño and Habanero peppers. We add some minced garlic and something else (i forget what all it was...) Big glass jar, and salt. Then leave it to it's own for... about a year. Sometimes longer. When we want to make the sauce, Steve puts in a lot of white vinegar and a little touch of something else for a flavour layer. (I'll have to ask him what all he adds...)
It's sooo good, ridiculously hot, and delicious! Nice flavour layers and a fun "creep" to the fires. (Yes, fires. That stuff doesn't hit you just once! You get a few hot/flavour hits before it's done with you...)

we put some in a bottle and sent it to my dad for Christmas, and he loves it. Big Grin

For Your Dreams to Become Your Reality, Do Not Think "If", Believe in "When".
***I Am A Work In Progress...*** Heart
05-20-2012, 04:52 AM
We like Durkee Red Hot... I think it's named something else now, but it's still Red Hot. It's got flavor, not just heat. Big Grin

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
05-20-2012, 08:40 AM
(05-20-2012 04:48 AM)Jenn Wrote:  My sweetie likes a little Frank's Original in several things. Pretty good stuff. When he wants hotter, he goes for Dave's Insanity or Dave's Ghost Pepper (my parents got us started on Dave's Gourmet sauces...)
But mostly, we use his own sauce. A little something I call
Steve's "Fire Garden" Triple Pepper Sauce . (and yes, I borrowed the title of a Steve Vai album! LOL!)

We use our harvest of Cayenne, Jalapeño and Habanero peppers. We add some minced garlic and something else (i forget what all it was...) Big glass jar, and salt. Then leave it to it's own for... about a year. Sometimes longer. When we want to make the sauce, Steve puts in a lot of white vinegar and a little touch of something else for a flavour layer. (I'll have to ask him what all he adds...)
It's sooo good, ridiculously hot, and delicious! Nice flavour layers and a fun "creep" to the fires. (Yes, fires. That stuff doesn't hit you just once! You get a few hot/flavour hits before it's done with you...)

we put some in a bottle and sent it to my dad for Christmas, and he loves it. Big Grin

I'd be interested in the full recipe. I LOVE stuff like that on Denver omlettes. Gives it a bit of a kick.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Good ol' Franks RedHot here... at least, I use that s**t on almost everything...
though I / we have a selection of at least a dozen bottles of various sauces that are good on different things.
I've had the Dave's Insanity, and as others have said, one taste left me pretty much crying....
Another of the tastiest I know isn't sold in bottles (alas...) but it's on the wings at a local buffalo wing place. I like the Hot, Thermonuclear, and Bunker Buster varieties, though I can only have a couple wings at a time with the latter two flavors.