Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Breakfast Anyone?
05-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Breakfast Anyone?
Since there's a thread about dinner, why not have one for breakfast (unless Brutus would like to keep them in one thread about meals in general, that's ok).

Sooooo, do you eat breakfast or just have coffee? I'll start. I do eat breakfast, which for me is currently a boiled egg to accompany the large cup of coffee ("Mama's little helper") that is the main course. Sometimes I have oatmeal instead of the egg (which means that the kids get oatmeal too, and they are less than excited about that). My husband likes two fried eggs every morning. During the week, the kids get either eggs or Oatmeal or pancakes, french toast etc. So basically during the week, I'm a short order cook I guess (how did that happen? On the weekends, the kids get their own. Saturday is "Crappy cereal day" and on Sunday, they get themselves a muffin that I bought at the store on the day before. Unfortunately, the kids haven't learned nor have had the desire to make our coffee on the weekends.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2010, 10:25 AM
RE: Breakfast Anyone?
At my house the bf gets a cup of tea. I have a POT of Tim Hortons coffee. Nicci gets fresh fruit (bananas or grapes), homemade yogurt, cereal or toast and milk and Gigi has baby cereal with applesauce or mashed bananas. Sometimes I'll make omelets & homefries or waffles (not very often, I'm too lazy!)
Find all posts by this user
05-13-2010, 01:57 PM
On special occasions such as birthdays (mine or my husband's) and Mother's/Father's day, then we make the honoree a breakfast of hashbrowns (because I really love potatoes) biscuits & gravy, eggs & sausage, and served in bed. Definitely not Weight Watchers points friendly, so it's the holiday breakfast.

05-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Usually one Sunday a month - because of the unhealthy nature of the food involved - I make Eggs Irish for breakfast. English Muffin topped with pan fried corned beef hash, one poached egg per side of muffin and lots and lots of homemade Hollandaise sauce Heart YUM. Best breakfast EVER.
05-13-2010, 03:39 PM
(05-13-2010 02:48 PM)LakesideMaiden Wrote:  Usually one Sunday a month - because of the unhealthy nature of the food involved - I make Eggs Irish for breakfast. English Muffin topped with pan fried corned beef hash, one poached egg per side of muffin and lots and lots of homemade Hollandaise sauce Heart YUM. Best breakfast EVER.

Yum!!

05-13-2010, 04:11 PM
(05-13-2010 03:39 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  
(05-13-2010 02:48 PM)LakesideMaiden Wrote:  Usually one Sunday a month - because of the unhealthy nature of the food involved - I make Eggs Irish for breakfast. Toasted English Muffin halves topped with pan fried corned beef hash, one poached egg per side of muffin and lots and lots of homemade Hollandaise sauce Heart YUM. Best breakfast EVER.

Yum!!

Oh..it is LOL and so unhealthy LOL I've even tried even more unhealthy variations on it like slices of toasted cheese bread in place of the English muffin.
05-13-2010, 04:47 PM
I don't eat much of a breakfast. Usually a piece of dry toast and a cup of coffee. I run a lot every morning and can't eat a big breakfast. I don't like to anyway. I don't eat big lunches either. I graze all day.
05-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Typical weekday breakfast for me is either a protein shake, slice of wheat toast with natural PB w/ glass of milk, or more times than I care for a sausage burrito from McD's with a low-carb Monster. On the weekend, I'm usually running out the door to get to training, so it's a banana and a slice of toast.
05-13-2010, 10:44 PM
on the weekdays I'm lucky if I wake up and have time to eat something - I focus on feeding my son, then usually have lunch lol lately it's been a bowl of Oops All Berries Cap'n Crunch LOL The Eggs Irish usually only happens once a month, when I have all the ingredients on hand - so usually once every other month lol
05-13-2010, 11:15 PM
(05-13-2010 10:44 PM)LakesideMaiden Wrote:  on the weekdays I'm lucky if I wake up and have time to eat something - I focus on feeding my son, then usually have lunch lol lately it's been a bowl of Oops All Berries Cap'n Crunch LOL The Eggs Irish usually only happens once a month, when I have all the ingredients on hand - so usually once every other month lol

Reese's Puffs is the current favorite in cereals here, LOL