Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Breakfast Anyone?
05-14-2010, 12:15 PM
RE: Breakfast Anyone?
(05-13-2010 11:15 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  
(05-13-2010 10:44 PM)LakesideMaiden Wrote:  on the weekdays I'm lucky if I wake up and have time to eat something - I focus on feeding my son, then usually have lunch lol lately it's been a bowl of Oops All Berries Cap'n Crunch LOL The Eggs Irish usually only happens once a month, when I have all the ingredients on hand - so usually once every other month lol

Reese's Puffs is the current favorite in cereals here, LOL

Ooo....I haven't had them in years lol
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2010, 05:37 PM
I only have to take care of myself, so on weekdays, it's a 2 egg omelet with some natural ham on whole grain bread, and a large(calcium fortified) oj. Breakfast is very early, and lunch very late, so that combination keeps me going for 6 to 7 hours.
On weekends, it's not as hearty, maybe a sandwich and a glass of oj, but I have to eat breakfast every day.

Find all posts by this user
05-14-2010, 08:56 PM
(05-14-2010 12:15 PM)LakesideMaiden Wrote:  
(05-13-2010 11:15 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  
(05-13-2010 10:44 PM)LakesideMaiden Wrote:  on the weekdays I'm lucky if I wake up and have time to eat something - I focus on feeding my son, then usually have lunch lol lately it's been a bowl of Oops All Berries Cap'n Crunch LOL The Eggs Irish usually only happens once a month, when I have all the ingredients on hand - so usually once every other month lol

Reese's Puffs is the current favorite in cereals here, LOL

Ooo....I haven't had them in years lol

Apparently Fruit Loops will suffice too (and they're easy for parents to snack on when the kids aren't looking, lol)

A party without cake is really just a meeting
05-14-2010, 10:51 PM
M-F its pretty much just coffee and a banana or a pc of toast. Then another cup of coffee, then a some for work (live in Seattle..LOL).

On the weekends its a huge bfast. Eggs, pancakes and bacon.....or my favorite SPAM!!
Big tall glass of cold milk....oh yea and a couple cups of coffee.
05-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Bubba has helped me with my eggs. I suggest going to your local, British import food store, and trying some of the imported bacon. The pigs must grow older there. It's really nice long strips. A little pricey, but worth it. Make it extra crispy. Beats canadian bacon, which I like too.
05-21-2010, 03:50 PM
During the week, I'm in the same boat as many of you: it's whatever I have time to throw together while brewing the french press. Coffee being Priority #1! Oatmeal, hot cereal from Bob's Red Mill, Nancy's Honey yogurt with fruit...

Breakfast rules our Sunday mornings. It's always one of the following: scrambled eggs, sausage, and biscuits; blueberry pancakes with bacon; or biscuits and sausage gravy with fried potatoes. Three or four presses of coffee, the Sunday paper, then "do the day" (hat tip to Stephen King for that phrase)
05-22-2010, 07:25 AM
I get up at 6 but don't eat till 10, I guess I always have brunch. I love having breakfast for dinner. In fact that's what were doing today! Today is my birthday and in our family on your BD you get to pick whatever you want for dinner. I have been craving homemade French Toast so that's what we're having!
05-22-2010, 04:55 PM
(05-22-2010 07:25 AM)Datura Wrote:  I get up at 6 but don't eat till 10, I guess I always have brunch. I love having breakfast for dinner. In fact that's what were doing today! Today is my birthday and in our family on your BD you get to pick whatever you want for dinner. I have been craving homemade French Toast so that's what we're having!

Happy Birthday, Datura!

My Mom and I used to have breakfast for dinner quite often. French toast was one of our favorites, too.

Enjoy!
05-22-2010, 07:13 PM
(05-22-2010 07:25 AM)Datura Wrote:  I get up at 6 but don't eat till 10, I guess I always have brunch. I love having breakfast for dinner. In fact that's what were doing today! Today is my birthday and in our family on your BD you get to pick whatever you want for dinner. I have been craving homemade French Toast so that's what we're having!

Happy Birthday Datura!!!
05-22-2010, 08:00 PM
(05-22-2010 07:25 AM)Datura Wrote:  Today is my birthday and in our family on your BD you get to pick whatever you want for dinner. I have been craving homemade French Toast so that's what we're having!
Hey, congrats, and Happy Birthday!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain