Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Breakfast Anyone?
05-23-2010, 07:36 AM
RE: Breakfast Anyone?
Thanks everyone! My homemade French Toast was absolutely spot on! I even sprinkled powdered sugar on the top, yum!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2010, 09:59 AM
I find it difficult to eat in the morning so generally just graze on the previous night's leftovers. I will sometimes have fresh fruit, though. About once every 6 months I will be indulgent and have a fry up (bara lawr, tofu scrabble, beans, fried bread, etc) or vegan French toast or pancakes.

With all of my dietary restrictions, I'm left with lipstick and water
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Due to the day being Father's day, I'm doing a bit more for my husband's breakfast this morning. Today, he's getting eggs (I'm thinking maybe in omelet form), O'Brien potatoes (from scratch), sausage (vegetarian), and biscuits (Pillsbury-yeah, I'm cheating a little there) and gravy (from a mix (don't judge me, I'm a vegetarian who hasn't learned to make country gravy yet without any meat products........or at least I haven't found a recipe).

My husband is getting breakfast in bed, as well as a coffee made with his favorite brand (and kind of spendy brand) of coffee beans.

The kids on the other hand, are getting chocolate muffins, because they don't like the above type of breakfast (they are sooo missing out. More for us!!).

Now I just need to wait for everyone to wake up

A party without cake is really just a meeting
06-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Grapenuts!! Apple slices and honey.

Don't talk smack about Total!!
03-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Irish sausages, potatoes O'brien, scrambled eggs..
I was celebrating the holiday a little late.

03-20-2011, 01:26 PM
I got a nice ham and cheese omlette today. Love omlettes. You can put ALMOST anything in them. Just not real crazy about fish and omlettes though.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
03-20-2011, 01:40 PM
I do like a full English breakfast..........but only every now and then.........otherwise you are approaching what Steve King used to call, "chest busters".

Living the dream over here in Blighty
03-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Totally bad-bad breakfast but we had homemade biscuits with sausage gravy, grits with sauteed shrimp, sliced fresh tomatoes, really good (and expensive)bacon, fresh fruit, french press dark roast coffee, and apple juice(youngest daughter and her boyfriend aren't coffee lovers).

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
03-20-2011, 06:07 PM
AREN'T COFFEE LOVERS? Thats sacriledge in here!

I was fine except for the grits. I cannot stand grits, I dont care how much you drown them in whatever - I cant stand grits or oatmeal. BLEEAH!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
03-20-2011, 06:29 PM
(03-20-2011 06:07 PM)boomer Wrote:  AREN'T COFFEE LOVERS? Thats sacriledge in here!

I was fine except for the grits. I cannot stand grits, I dont care how much you drown them in whatever - I cant stand grits or oatmeal. BLEEAH!

Well I can't stand coffee either, but tea is wonderful.
I'm with you on the grits and oatmeal. Yuck!