Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Breakfast Anyone?
03-20-2011, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2011 06:43 PM by Laffitupfzbl.)
RE: Breakfast Anyone?
I eat cereal almost always. Lately I've been a Hobbit and had 'second breakfast' at work - tea and toast. The kiddo gets a banana and kids nutrition drink, or sometimes dry cereal and cup of milk in the car if I can't get him up early. The SW is a third shifter and never eats breakfast, poor guy.
And I HATE coffee. Was forced to try it cold on a school field trip in the 5th grade and it turns my stomach ever since.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Oh dear me - wait til Bagel finds out....she's worse at the coffee addiction than both my sisters combined! Me its just my one cup....dont even look at me until I have had that cup, and then maybe I'll be polite to you as I sip my green tea...but not until then.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-17-2011, 01:09 PM
I made Eggs Benedict this morning. I just woke up thinking that sounded soooo good. All went fairly well. The sauce was perfect and I topped it off with diced tomatoes.

My egg poaching needs some work though.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
04-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Ooooh, Bagaleth--I wished you'd called me! I love Eggs Benie! There's a GREAT little restaurant in town (Darbi's) that makes Eggs Benedict with apple smoked bacon, fresh spinach, and tomatoes. So good!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
04-17-2011, 05:33 PM
They were sooooooooo good!! I may make those more often.
The first time that I tried them was at Marie Callenders. They were called "California Eggs Benedict" and instead of any meat, it had tomatoes and sliced avacado between the egg and muffin. They were really, really good!

07-28-2011, 08:42 PM
I'd say breakfast is my specialty going back to childhood. Being the early riser, I fended for myself. One thing I haven't seen mentioned is potatoes. I get the little red (spring) potatoes or fingerlings and quarter them length-wise and toss 'em in a bowl containing olive oil and your spices (minced garlic, onion salt, pepper, parsley, more garlic). Stir them all around and then set the wedges skin side down on a cookie sheet, tap just a little paprika on them and bake at 350 for about an hour. Fork test. Plenty of time to make 'cakes or whatever else (bacon) you fancy.

Season's Greetings!
07-28-2011, 09:02 PM
One of my favs is very simple: egg and cheese on english muffin. I use a griddle pan for everything:

- spray with cooking spray and crack an egg
- toast both sides of an english muffin, inside down first
- crack yoke (or not) and flip; place slice of cheese on egg, let melt
- place top of english muffin on top of egg and cheese, flip and place bottom on.
- toast each side for 30 secs, then you're ready to go.

Replace the egg with sliced turkey or ham for a nice variation.

I jumped the cliff with a dream to fly
Without knowing the weight of feathers
08-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Nice DH. Reminds me of toast-eyes. Butter up your skillet, pluck the center out of a slice of bread and lay it in the pan. Crack an egg in the center and let it fry. Sprinkle with seasonings and shaky cheese. Cook on medium-high a minute or two per side until egg is to your liking and enjoy.

Season's Greetings!
08-01-2011, 01:41 PM
(08-01-2011 01:06 PM)BrianW Wrote:  Nice DH. Reminds me of toast-eyes. Butter up your skillet, pluck the center out of a slice of bread and lay it in the pan. Crack an egg in the center and let it fry. Sprinkle with seasonings and shaky cheese. Cook on medium-high a minute or two per side until egg is to your liking and enjoy.

I've made this a few times for the family. Very good and buttery and sort of crispy! Yummmm! I've never tried it with cheese before, so that will give me a good excuse to make them soon. What kind of seasonings do you put on yours?

08-01-2011, 05:18 PM
I use garlic, black or white pepper, salt, parsley, sometimes substitute dill for parsley. Little kids at the table? Drop the garlic and put a dollop of maple syrup on top (poor boy french toast!). Think I mentioned this before, my spicing is like algebra, all the +s and -s cancel each other out and food can seem bland to me. Think little more elbow is needed.

Season's Greetings!