Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Breakfast Anyone?
08-23-2011, 02:24 PM
RE: Breakfast Anyone?
Haha! When my son got home from Afghanistan on his previous deployment, his wife asked if he wanted to go out to breakfast. He said he wanted to go home and have her make REAL eggs for breakfast! That was the food he missed most Big Grin

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2011, 05:34 PM
(08-23-2011 02:24 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  Haha! When my son got home from Afghanistan on his previous deployment, his wife asked if he wanted to go out to breakfast. He said he wanted to go home and have her make REAL eggs for breakfast! That was the food he missed most Big Grin

Aww...that was sweet of him Heart
08-23-2011, 08:15 PM
That sounds a lot like me. When we got hom from being at sea for so long, fresh eggs, FRESH MILK, fresh fruit....I remember after my second patrol at sea, mom brought a basket of fresh fruit to the airport, and I at half the basket in the time it took to get home from the airport. Sometimes its simple things like that that mean so much....because those little things are what we miss most.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2011, 06:44 AM
I am sitting here right now eating chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream for breakfast. Is that bad?

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
09-08-2011, 07:06 AM
Yes it is. Why not Bacon, sausages, grilled tomatoes, black pudding, beans, fried eggs, fried toast, fried mushrooms, with a nice pot of tea. Followed by toast, marmalade and a coffee?

MAN UP!

Living the dream over here in Blighty
09-08-2011, 10:29 AM
I was good this morning in just having oatmeal and mixed fruit (while my friend was having the much loved biscuits & gravy!)

A party without cake is really just a meeting
09-13-2011, 09:10 AM
I am having the almighty breakfast: Pizza with a cold Beer (ok a salad on the side).
09-13-2011, 09:43 AM
My misses used to eat cold left over Chinese from the night before - right out of the tin cartons......yum yum, cold, congealed, bean sprouts, for breakfast...........
09-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Pizza for breakfast is always great, as long as you can get at it first, a minute in the microwave, and steal away before anyone catches you.

Cold Chinese food, I can't imagine, think of the sweet and sour sauce and how it turns to a jello like substance overnight in the fridge, even keeps the shape of the carton, kind of like can shaped cranberry sauce...

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
09-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Yep jellified monosodium glutamate..........YUCK.......maybe whacky backy gave her the munchies.....