Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Breakfast Anyone?
11-02-2014, 10:15 AM
RE: Breakfast Anyone?
(10-31-2014 11:56 AM)Sunset Wrote:  Baking has never been my strong suit, and that's putting it mildly. I once screwed up a Betty Crocker box cake for cryinoutloud. But here's something y'all can whip up with minimal skill-set(like me), and almost zero muss&fuss. This recipe hails from Mrs Felisa Johanson, a truly beautiful human being and top shelf innkeeper of the Comus House in the hills west of Paso Robles, CA. She serves this as "part" of her daily breakfast offerings. I was so taken by it that I sponged the recipe from her and now prepare it as a treat on special occasion breakfasts.

FRENCH TOAST SOUFFLE

-9 to 12 croissant(or brioche, or challah, or whatever blows your hair back)
-8 eggs
-8oz cream cheese @ room temp(none of that fat free stuff if you please)
-1C whole milk
-1/4C maple syrup
-6TBS melted butter
-1C apricot preserves(or blackberry, or strawberry, or just let your imagination go wild)
-6 deep profile ramekins

Mix eggs and set aside. Combine preserves and cream cheese and set aside. Dice croissant into cubes. Arrange 1 layer of croissant at bottom of ramekin. Place dollop of cream cheese mixture, then another croissant layer and another dollop, then one last croissant layer. Mix remaining ingredients into previosly beaten eggs and carefully pour equal amount of fluid into each ramekin. Cover and refrigerate over night. Heat oven to 350 and bake 45-50min conventional, or 30-35 convection. Serve warm...then stand back and watch your guest's/family's heads collectively explode.Smile

[Image: food306_zps62886b7a.jpg]

Heart yum Heart

Trying to save the day for the Old World Man!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=745]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Yes that FRENCH TOAST SOUFFLE looks pretty amazing, I might have to book a stay at Sunset's Bed & Breakfast. Wink

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
11-02-2014, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 12:50 PM by Sunset.)
Glad you guys likey.Smile

But you don't need a B&B to enjoy this scrumptious dish...it's dead nutz easy. And at $2.35 per serving, the risks and learning curve are forgiving and, imo, very acceptable. Nothing at all like say, borking a $30 per plate swordfish dinner. Or roasting a $50 leg o lamb into jerky. If you don't have, or want ramekins...just use a casserole dish instead.

Try it...you'll attain instant hero status with friends and loved ones.Smile

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...